SRS Asylum I need help NOW

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by chucklenut, Apr 15, 2007.

1. chucklenut

chucklenut New Member

I have stong suspicions that my best freind might hurt herself or commit suicide. I don't want to lose another freind to this, yet alone in the same year.

Should I go to work ( a new job I just got but isnt that great) or stay home and risk losing it to be there for my freind? I got written up at bashas earlier and I will most likely lose my job.

I leave in 45 minutes, please tell me what I should do. I'm so confused.

2. 7960

7960 New Member

you obviously have to help your friend

but is there anyone else who can stay with her? where is her family??

3. chucklenut

chucklenut New Member

her family is there but she isn't responding to anything I do. and she probobly hasn't told her family because of the situation.

4. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

If you are that concerned, stay with her. You can always get a new job, you can't replace her life if she decides to take action.

5. chucklenut

chucklenut New Member

Okay. Thanks. Fuck bashas.

6. 7960

7960 New Member

if her family is there then you should call them and tell them you're concerned she's going to hurt herself.

go to work and call her later.

7. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

If her family is part of the reason she's considering suicide the fact they are there could be more of a problem than a solution at this point.

8. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

How do you know she's hoing to commit suicide? Is she depressed and you think they are empty threats or is she literally losing her mind and you think she's going to do it ASAP? How could her family not notice this?

9. 7960

7960 New Member

obviously........but if she's considering hurting herself and her family doesn't know then they need to. And if she doesn't want them to know then she's probably making empty threats and IMO her family STILL needs to know.

10. ia_cox

ia_cox Active Member

you sure this isn't just an attention/manipulation thing? I had an ex that did this...not to seem cynical, just putting all thoughts out there.

11. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Yeah, that's always my first question too, just because it happens so often. I'd want to be sure it was that serious before I possibly got fired first. Why not call into work and tell them the situation and say you are going to help her and then possibly come in late?

12. DarkAngel19

DarkAngel19 New Member

I've dealt with this situation before.

#1. It's not your job to help her. It's not her families either. She needs professional help from a doctor.

#2. Don't take off work to help her. There is no way you will know if she is serious or wanting attention: you will never know.

#3. Assume it's serious and call the police and tell her that you think you have a friend who is going to kill herself. They will send an officer over to take her to the hospital where she can have caring healthcare professionals help her to find out what's going on.

#4. I repeat, this is not your job. I have been doing this for my sister for years, and they just don't need a friend, they need a psychologist, especially in high school.

Please call for help, or if you can't, ask her family to do so. Don't get more involved than just being a caring friend.

DA

13. Gregsaidthat

Gregsaidthat "Individuality is the new conformity"

Like everyone has said. You just need to stay at your job and let her get help from a professional! THATS WHAT SHE NEEDS!

14. Omerta6

Omerta6 New Member

More info is needed, if she is saying shes goign to killherself... she might be looking for attention. You need to payattention to the unsaid details... body language is huge, as she may say one thing but is intending someone else completely different.

If you honestly think she will do this, take her to a hospital yourself (after you call into work and tell them why your not comming).
    If you have doubts, don't feed her starve for attention.