Asus to supply Intel-powered Apple notebooks?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by P07r0457, Jul 26, 2005.

1. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

Interesting:
    Looks like Asus (a popular PC component manufacturer) has won the bid to begin producing Apple notebooks in 2006... This happens to co-incide with the alleged launch of Intel-powered Apple devices. So will asus be the initial supplier? If so :cool:

2. Battousai

Battousai New Member

Well....My hats off to Asus and Abit....They make really good boards!!

What I want to know is....If Apple is going with Intel, why arent they using Intel Boards? I mean, in my personal PC, when I got my 3.06, the only board was the Intel 875...and it works AWSOME.

Maybe they are doing it for money reasons/ OC abilities? Or asus made an awsome labtop board?

Second question...is that who is going to be in the G6 for MB's. Is that where Intel boards come into play? Since they are going to have to be dual CPU, Dual cores?

Man, I really cant wait to see all this go down!

3. IcyHot4Life

IcyHot4Life Str8 Ballin'

:werd: that is very curious given the generous discounts that Intel offers for selling your soul to them exclusively. :dunno:

4. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

probably just don't want to put all their eggs in one basket all at once.

or perhaps ASUS was willing to include more bleeding edge technologies into the boards for them than Intel. Intel isn't exactly known for being the first to market with new technologies on their boards...though they are usually a good choice if stability is your highest priority (vs. speed and/or advanced features).

5. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

When did I say anything about abit?

They probably will use Intel boards in the DESKTOPS... But intel doesn't make laptop mobos... Asus does. And they've done so for some time, now. They're centrino-certified, so you get the intel chipset.

Asus has made awsome laptops for years. Intel has not. You will probably see intel-mobos (or apple-built mobos with intel chipsets) for the desktops.

Could be intel... Or it could be Apple boards with intel chipsets.

:werd: I will certainly consider a mac when they move to the intel platform.

6. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

Intel does not manufacture notebooks.... So they wern't even an option :mamoru:

7. Battousai

Battousai New Member

I just said Abit because I respect them as well in the computer field.

I really cant stand gigabyte! And some others, so either asus or abit would be awsome with me. Glad they picked asus.

8. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

abit doesn't even make laptops, tho :ugh:

9. Battousai

Battousai New Member

They could always try? Since they do make awsome desktop boards.

Good question to found out is if they put in an offer for the desktop side of things. I really want to know who is going to be doing that, and how many companies offered :hsd:

10. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

I don't much care for their desktop boards... But even so, I wouldn't trust an abit notebook. They're completely different animals. For example, MSI makes good desktop boards -- their laptops suck.

they may have put in a bid, but I doubt it even got any serious consideration. IMO, Apple has only 2 choices... Intel, or itself.

11. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

uhh...

just because they don't now, doesn't mean they won't sometime in the future.

i'm not saying they will or won't, but your logic is flawed saying that just because they don't offer motherboards for PC laptops now that they wouldn't be willing or able to make them for Intel-Based Apple laptops in the future.

12. RaginBajin

RaginBajin Have you punched a donkey today?

I bet Intel doesn't want to get involved in building the board as well. Intel already has a lot of problems with too much control over the hardware industry. All they need is to control Apple hardware and they could face some serious legal problems. They probably just want to avoid it. They are already providing the chips, once there are more manuafactors in the market, then they can throw their hat into the arena.

Just my thought.