Asus A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard Problems

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Jay487, Apr 13, 2003.

1. Jay487

Jay487 What's Life If You Ain't Enjoyin' It?

sorry for the length, but i copied and pasted from something else i wrote You must read it all so that you dont waste time replying to something I dont need help with, and thanks in advance for any replies. :sadwavey:

OK i just built my new system, it powers up, It detects everything, but I get the following error: PXE-E61 Media Test Failure, check cable. I get this when the system would normally say "press any key to boot from cd rom..."

This means i cant install windows, ive tried unlpuggin/plugging back in the IDE cables and power cables, ive tried swapping the ports on the mobo, ive tried a new IDE cable for the 2 cd roms (liteon cdrw and liteondvd) ones on master ones on slave, ive tried just one on c/s, ive checked boot sequence, its cdrom floppy hd, and i still get this error no matter what.

my specs are as followed:

asus a7n8x deluxe
    antec 400 watt powr supply
    amd barton xp 2500+
    512 mb ddr ram pc3200
    ati radeon 9700 pro
    western digital 80 gb hd
    liteon cdrw and liteon dvd
    taec floppy

i built the same system for a friend with no trouble a few days ago, same exact parts except for power supply.

any ideas? Please help, im so upset that this doesnt work :[

THEN...

It for some reason FINALLY decided to boot from cd (this is why i think the bios is a little screwey)

so anyways WinXP CD formatted the hard drive, copied the installation files and rebooted. When windows xp setup would load, i get a Blank screen. I manually reboot. BSOD!

The bios in this system is not fully ACPI compliant. Please contact your system vendor or visit hardware-update.com for an updated bios. If you are unable to obtain an updated bios or the latest bios supplied from your vendor is not ACPI compliant, you can turn off ACPI mode during test mode setup. To do this, simply press the F7 Key when you are prompted to install storage drivers. The system will not notify you that the F7 key was pressed, it will silently disable ACPI and allow you to continue your installation.

Technical Information

***STOP: 0x000000A5 (0x00000011, 0x00000006, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

should i try to get an updated bios? right now i have 1002.A

can someone reccomend what file I should get from the asus site, and any other tips? thanks

2. DAN513

DAN513 OT Supporter

On the board, there's a jumper used to disable the serial ata, and sata is Enabled by default. I had issues installing 2k untill I disabled it. I'm also running the same bios, and the system is rock solid(knock on wood).

3. Jay487

So i dont need serial ATA? not really sure what that is, but if i change it i should be able to install XP and leave the jumper that way? btw if it works ill kiss yuo and mail you 5 bucks.

4. Jay487

tried that jumper - didnt work... thanks zuerst ill try those.

5. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

Jay, if you havn't solved your problem, head over to www.asusboards.com ..support forums for Asus mobo's.