GUN Assault Rifles Being Used on Indianapolis Streets

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Mar 22, 2007.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Assault Rifles Being Used on Indianapolis Streets
    WISH TV 8 ^ | March 21, 2007 | Gene Rodriguez

INDIANAPOLIS - Indianapolis Metropolitan Police say they are seeing more assault rifles on Indianapolis streets. Suspects in several recent homicides and shootings used the high powered weapons to commit the crimes. One local gun expert says years ago, he predicted this would become a law enforcement problem in Indianapolis.

"There is no legitimate reason for them," said gun expert Don Davis.

Davis has been a gun dealer for 35 years. In 1993, he burned assault rifles to make a point.

"An assault gun is just a gun made to kill people. It's inexpensive and at the time that I burnt them they were $67," he said.

Assault rifles are the same kinds of guns that are killing our military troops in the Middle East. Now they are becoming a big problem on Indianapolis streets.

"Very few of the people that we come across that have assault rifles have them for any legitimate purpose," said Lt. Doug Scheffel of IMPD.
    :ugh:
    So far this year police in Marion County have investigated 18 cases involving assault rifles, including two double homicides one day apart.

The first was on Feb. 22 on South Lindley Ave. Police are still looking for Jerone Bussey who they say used an assault rifle to kill a man and a woman in front of her children.

The second was Feb. 23 on Temple Ave. A couple of days later, police arrested Victor Glenn for killing the two people. Police say he too used an assault rifle.

The most recent assault rifle case was last weekend's deadly shooting and crash after a 15th birthday party. Police are still looking for those suspects, who may be teenagers.

"You got to be 21, used to be you had to have a seven day waiting period before you could even pick this gun up. Rifle or shotgun, this gun will shoot a mile, shoot down an airplane. Eighteen-year-olds walk right out the door with it," Davis said. :ugh:

Olgen Williams works with Indianapolis teens. He says the guns mimic what the teens see in movies and music videos.

"I got in my drawer, I keep two guns found in youth programs, kids carrying them. They are not real but they look real. They covered the little orange spot cause they thought it was cool," Williams said.

Last year at this time police had investigated 21 cases involving assault rifles. They say many are modified making them fully automatic weapons which are illegal without special permits. Police admit they are obtained illegally, modified illegal and many times used for illegal activity.

mailto:[email protected]

2. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

So, they've actually had less "assault weapons cases" this year? What a bunch of fucktards. I want to visit the guys store and see what firearms he carries that aren't able to kill people.

That entire article is :ugh: x 100,000,000

3. Gimik

Gimik New Member

4. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

5. RMarks

RMarks New Member

What kind of gun are we talking about that is $67?

6. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

probably yugo sks's, only think I can think of thats that cheap and people would call an "assault weapon"

7. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

jesus i hope that guy never gets business again :ugh2:

lol @ engrish

Last edited: Mar 22, 2007
  8. JaimeZX

JaimeZX Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew OT Supporter

What?

9. mvizos

mvizos New Member

engrish?

10. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

:rofl: i meant i hope he doesnt get any more business for saying such nonsense

i'll edit my post

11. HardTech

HardTech hungry

Don's Guns is the largest gun dealer in Indianapolis. A few years ago, one employee of his was shot and killed on duty

Apparently, lots of Chicago gangsters come to Indy to buy guns from him

12. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

$67 gun me wants

13. t1h

t1h Guest

14. fatmoocow

fatmoocow bored OT Supporter

email sent - I also copied the company general manager and news director, not that they'll give a shit.

Gene:

I recently read your article on "Assault Rifles" being used in Indianapolis (http://www.wishtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6260247&nav=0Ra7). Although the information provided was primarily interview based, I'm curious as to the degree of fact checking that went on prior to publishing. The article describes $67 assault rifles (1993 prices) capable of shooting down an airplane. Does this gun exist? I believe the current record for a confirmed kill in Iraq is about 1500 yards (.85 miles) with a Barrett 50 caliber rifle on a stationary target. The shooter's name is Michael Gary if you'd like to look it up. This is the largest caliber rifle that is regularly carried by our infantry and is almost 4 feet long. Now if our best men in Iraq haven't hit a stationary target in Iraq a mile away, I fail to see how untrained civilians are going to hit a plain moving at 400 miles per hour out of the sky with a bullet that is, at best, a half an inch wide.

The article is apparently designed to alert us of the growing problem of assault rifles. Is the problem growing? The article states that this time last year police investigated 21 cases involving assault rifles. This year they have investigated 18. This sounds like a diminishing problem. Further, what percentage of crimes overall involved assault rifles? Of the crimes investigated have any actually resulted in any convictions? The only cases described in detail are currently under investigation. "They say" assault rifles where involved, but does this investigation or this article contain any actual hard facts?

Why not write an article about all the assault rifles used in crimes that resulted in convictions? Surely better data is available on these crimes. It also gives us some comfort that the numbers are accurate. I mean, they went to court, evidence was presented, guns found. This was all recorded. I'm guessing it's harder to run away from the scene of a crime with a 3 foot rifle than it is a handgun. So we must have a ton of these to write about...or perhaps we don't, because most crimes don't involve guns, of those that do, almost all of them are involve small caliber handguns. So maybe instead of alerting the people at large to the threat of assault rifles or "illegally modified" "fully automatic weapons," we could alert them to the fact that the people providing our news don't do their homework.

15. JaimeZX

Nice letter. :)

Although I haven't seen many 400mph plains lately. :hsugh:

16. fatmoocow

fuck I'm illiteraet "Plains" go 400mph :eek3:

17. fatmoocow

actually I think having retarded things in there will piss her off even more, giving me greater satisfaction

It's one thing to get owned, it's another to get owned by a retard

18. T0nyGTSt

T0nyGTSt New Member

when they say 'assault rifle' they mean any semi automatic rifle that uses an military cartridge up to 7.62

which is not an 'assault rifle'

19. JaimeZX

VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!
    [move][​IMG][/move]