A&P Aspiring photography guru with a few questions

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Joshuaua, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Joshuaua

Joshuaua OT Supporter

New to the whole realm of photography, but I'd like to get more involved with it. I mainly just want to know which digital cameras are used for the following pictures, and if anything special was done (various things with shudder speed or something), etc:

First pic was taken from the picture thread started a few days ago:

[​IMG]

Is that background color altered in photoshop? Something tinkered with on the camera? Or is it just the time of day it was taken? It looks awesome.

This is one from a car site (obviously):

[​IMG]

I love how smooth, crisp and clean the picture is. Again, the background color and overall feel of the picture seems photoshopped, but might not be.

Just curious what megapixel of camera is needed to take quality pictures like this, or what special settings and what not need to be adjusted on the camera.

Thanks!

2. Joshuaua

Joshuaua OT Supporter

BTW, I looked through the FAQ, but didn't find anything regarding my questions.

3. Hua

Hua AZN photographer crew

First one is definitely enhanced with Photoshop. Picture two is shot by some great photographers over at JTuned. Even with a 20D, you would still need to enhance the image a little with Photoshop. This one in particular looks like the contrast and saturation were cranked up a little.

Digital darkrooms can make even the most amateur photographer look like a professional.

4. hash browns

hash browns lolcathlon champion OT Supporter

Tripod .

Stopped down lens .

Proper metering and exposure .

Good timing when it comes to use of daylight (ie: shooting at high noon, outdoors normally isn't a great idea) .

5. PRMike

PRMike Guest

That's not really true.. I know my best bud is a photoshop master and he always goes nuts because if you try and fix anything on my shots direct from cam Photoshop doesn't make any changes it already deems it just right. If anything sometimes it's nice to do a little unsharp mask to make small details on certain spots really stick out.