WEB ASP script

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by hurleyint1386, Apr 15, 2008.

1. hurleyint1386

hurleyint1386 Someone has sand in their vagina

So I may be embarking on a new project soon. It doesn't seem too difficult, but I'm just curious how long something like this would take you guys. I have to send logs to a company from IIS ever hour, so I need to parse the log file, and send only the information for the past hour. I'm not sure how I'll be able to set up a scheduled script so that it runs every hour. I'm sure I can figure out how to parse the log file, though. If this were your job, how long do you think it would take, and how would you set up the script to run every hour?

2. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

30 minutes with a perl script.

30 hours with an asp script. Why would you even run asp? Why not the native windows scripting language? Pick the right language for the right job.

3. hurleyint1386

hurleyint1386 Someone has sand in their vagina

The language isn't my choice. If it were, then I would consider Python. My boss is strict on ASP. We're a small company, and he thinks that if I were to leave, and they were stuck with a Python script that no one knows the language, then they are screwed. He won't consider PHP either, even though all of the developers know it except for him

4. Vailripper

Vailripper Daywalkers have feelings too.

Just do it in vbscript, use the built-in task scheduler to fire it off every hour.

5. Limp_Brisket

Limp_Brisket New Member