ASP in VS .NET

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by sideshow bob, Jan 5, 2004.

1. sideshow bob

sideshow bob New Member

I am trying to create an ASP web app in VS .net.

I have IIS installed and I can open an asp page without any problems(i.e. http://localhost/app1/page1.asp)

Whenever I try to create a a new ASP web app in VS, I get an internal server error.

Using even viewer, I get these two errors.

aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. The error code for the failure is 80004005. This error can be caused when the worker process account has insufficient rights to read the .NET Framework files. Please ensure that the .NET Framework is correctly installed and that the ACLs on the installation directory allow access to the configured account.

aspnet_wp.exe could not be launched because the username and/or password supplied in the processModel section of the config file are invalid.

Obviously it is a permissions/ID problem. But where can I change these? I'm not even getting prompted for anything when I create a new app, so how can I be using an invalid ID?

2. SLED

SLED build an idiot proof device and someone else will

sounds like you don't have the correct permissions on your .asp or .aspx files... when you install .NET it creates a user ASPNET on your local machine... make sure that user has at least read permissions on those files you are trying to serve.

3. sideshow bob

sideshow bob New Member

I made ASPNET an admin and made sure that my app directory gave full access to admins and still get the error.

MSDN has been no help

4. CompiledMonkey

CompiledMonkey New Member

Did you install VS.NET after IIS, or before?

5. SLED

SLED build an idiot proof device and someone else will

6. carlin

carlin Guest