Asking out a bartender...v.hypotheticalsituation

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Climbing Cracker, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Climbing Cracker

Climbing Cracker I am the Devil. And I am here to do the Devil's w

Okay, this is hypothetical...

I frequent this bar, and all of the female 'tenders are rather cute. So, I'm sitting there with friends this weekend and one of them points out this female 'tender is giving me "the look." Well, first of all, I don't know what the fuck "the look" is, so naturally I wouldn't recognize it if I saw it. Secondly, I'm buzzing hard, getting drunk, to the point where my text messages aren't coherent. Third, I'm sure I'm not the only drunk asshole to hit on this cute girl. I hear her making comments about a book I've read, and I'm thinking "Well, this is a great opportunity...I'll say something when I order another beer"...but I never do. Not because I'm shy, I don't remember why I didn't. Anyway, I'm assuming female bartenders get hit on ALL THE TIME. How would you go about setting yourself apart?

2. demosnat

demosnat New Member

As a waitress, I get hit on all the time. However, when a cute guy, the kind of guy I would be interested anywhere else, hits on me, it really doesn't matter that i'm at work rather than school or shopping or anything else.

My only suggestion (and the guys will have better ones) is to not "hit" on her in a normal "you're so hot" way, because she gets it all the time. Be nice, and talk to her about that book ;)

Ps why are you reading in a bar?

3. mavfan1

mavfan1 Active Member

i think he was saying that she was commenting on a book...one that he has read before, not currently reading while sitting at the bar.

4. Climbing Cracker

yeah...

:rofl: I was looking over the text to see where I was reading in the bar. :rofl:

It was Jon Krakauer's book turned film, "Into the Wild." I'm a huge outdoor buff and this sparked an interest...Meh, I'll have intellectual ammo for next time, I guess.

I wasn't going to hit on her as in "hey baby, i wanna take you home..." I was just gonna ask a few, non-threatening questions. However, business picked up and I'm sure she didn't wanna waste precious tip money talking to me. I wouldn't if I were in her position.

5. Pringles

Pringles New Member

Change that attitude. If you think your already rejected before you even try then whats the point of trying. Don't be so pessimistic of course she wants to talk to you. Every other guy has slurring there speech while calling her hot or ordered her a drink when shes the working bartender. You however wanted to talk like a normal person I'm sure shed be flattered and if she wasn't then you dont want to be talking to her anyway.

6. Climbing Cracker

:werd:

I'm a bit rusty on "game." Out of a 4.5 year relationship, so...

7. smartypants

smartypants New Member

Helps to be sober at the end of her shift and ask her out for a beer to a latenight joint.

8. Climbing Cracker

:rofl: Fuck. I hate staying up late. :o

9. smartypants

smartypants New Member

take a nap.
    She'll be wired and ready for a beer and shenanigans at 2 am.
    If you roll in just before last call like you've been somewhere, order a pint and act cool, you can probably hang out with her while she cleans up.

10. mavfan1

mavfan1 Active Member

btw, demon was right...if you just make steady, intelligent conversation and don't look at other girls at the bar while you are there...she will lower her guard and start to talk to you like a person and not some guy that wants to fuck her. THEN, you can start working on asking her out. best bet for people in the restaurant business is to do lunch during the middle of the week when they are off. if things work out, then you can meet her out after one of her shifts for drinks.

good luck man