Asking for a big favour from ScottWax or anyone else.

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by dtsupra, Apr 23, 2005.

1. dtsupra

dtsupra New Member

I really want to buy some Meguairs NXT Tech Wax, but local stores (Perth, Australia) are selling it for $42.99, which is a complete rip off considering you guys in the states can get it for as low as $11.99

So im asking for a big favour, if anyone is willing to buy one bottle of NXT wax for me and ship it over to Australia, this will save me heaps in customs and other import taxes.

Help a fellow noobie detailer out :hsd:

2. Ronin

Ronin Guest

how much does shipping cost? if you paypaled me the money i could do it for you

3. dtsupra

dtsupra New Member

im not sure, you'll have to find out on your end.

4. Ronin

Ronin Guest

hmm, maybe ill drop by the local post office tomorrow and ask how much a 3-5 pound package would cost going to AUS.

The other thing is, do you feel secure paypaling me the money, im not trying to discourage you, but if i was you id feel iffy giving somebody money and having faith in getting what i paid for, if it was through ebay itd be different but i guess its up to you.

this stuff? http://www.midwayautosupply.com/detailedproductdescription.asp?12105

5. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

6. dtsupra

dtsupra New Member

who is he?

7. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Technical writer for Meguiars. He may know of a way for you to get NXT at a lower price.

8. braindead

braindead New Member

Wait for the next 15% discount day...

Hey Suprastar,
    I use & love NXT sealant/wax too. :bowdown: But I've never paid the $40 - $42 that various retailers sell them for here in Oz. :ugh:

The best time to purchase this item is when K-mart has one of their regular 15% (very occasionally 25%) off discount days throughout the year... :bigthumb:

I had wanted to try this for a while and got one bottle for 25% off in January. Paid $30, which is still pretty high but comparable to purchasing in the states when you add postage & handling charges, exchange rates & in my case $8 for a US dollar money order from aussie post!!! I don't like using credit cards over the internet.

So when the next discount period happens in your area, you may wanna have a gander....

BTW i just bought another bottle during Anzac day for 15% off as I've used it on all my family's, friends and neighbors cars. It's time to try it on mine!!!:drool:

Best of luck...:x:

PS: keep an eye out for their catalogs as sometimes they have those 20-25% discounts in different departments, such as the motoring department!!!:)