Asking a newbie question.......

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Searcher, May 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Searcher

Searcher New Member

Pics are up now............Asking a newbie question.......

So I nutted up and took some pics of myself at my starting point now and was going to post them to show my timeline and progression.......How do I post the pics on here and is anyone interested.......

I am 6'4 and 275.....Fat Ass.....

My lifts are
    DB Flat Bench 110's 3x6
    DB Incline Bench 100's 3x6
    DB Shoulder Sitting 70's 3x6
    DB Curl's 55's 3x6
    Tricep don't really know
    Leg Press 14 total plates for 3x8
    Leg extension 185 3x8
    Lat Pull 150 strict form cause I have no back 3x8
    Calf raise sitting 2 plates 3x12
    Single Leg Curl 80 3x10
    DB Lateral Raise 30 3x8

I probably forgot a bunch but that is the basics......Any questions just ask.....My goal is to take a year from last week and get into great shape......
    Definition of great shape to me is to be roughly 235 at 8% bodyfat.....
    My diet is 46 gram protein shake at 9, lunch, 46g shake at 4 before workout and 46 shake after workout then one more shake before bed.....
    I am not that strict on diet at all as you will be able to tell by the pics.....I don't use any supplements besides protein at all.....Not into juicing at all....

Tips and advice and criticism is all good.....I have a thick skin.....I will post pics by tomorrow if the way is shown......

Editted Part******* Gym 4 times a week......Leg day, Chest and Shoulder Front and side day, Back day including traps and rear delts, Arm Day
    Cardio is limited to 10 minutes a day......

Last edited: May 14, 2005
  2. sprite

sprite Active Member

The lack of barbell bench press, squat, and deadlift numbers is alarming. You exercise selection is poor if that is a comprhensive listing of the exercises you perform

Also, the fact that your diet listing consists of 5 protein shakes is equally alarming. What whole foods do you eat? How many calories? How many grams of protein, fat, carbs?

3. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

You seem to have a pretty good strength base although I'm a bit alarmed by the lack of squats and deadlifts.

To post the pics upload them somewhere like www.imageshack.us and use the [​IMG]

4. Searcher

Searcher New Member

I have dislocated both shoulders from previous injuries in sports. This is the reason I don't use any BB. It isn't comfortable at all. Squats i am not that comfortable with so I don't do them and the same goes for deadlift.

My caloric intake I have no idea about. Like I said I am just getting started again. I am trying not to eat foods high in fat or carb content.

5. ~stangzorized~

~stangzorized~ New Member

Do you ever eat food?

6. Searcher

Searcher New Member

Thanks cavefish. I will load those up tonight and see if I can make it work. My goal is to really get good chest and back development. I hate the fact that I can't do a pull up. The fact that is puts so much strain on my weak shoulder joints could be a factor but I think it is because I am just way to heavy right now.

7. Searcher

Searcher New Member

I eat a pretty big lunch and on the weekends all I eat is pretty much food and no shakes.

8. sprite

sprite Active Member

Open a FitDay account and start a food log. Knowing your caloric intake is usually a good idea when body composition change is a goal.

9. Searcher

Searcher New Member

Thanks for the info I will look into it...

10. Elfling

Elfling New Member

Definitely, definitely log your food. EVERYTHING. Anything you put in your mouth, write it down.

Tip: solid food keeps you full longer than shakes, too.

11. deznutz

deznutz New Member

Why dont you know your tricep numbers?

12. AznRyda

AznRyda キモかわいい!

235 and 8% :o!

13. Searcher

Searcher New Member

For triceps I do a DB extension from behind my head with a 90 3x8....Pushdowns on machine if the stack goes to 15 I do the stack for 3x8 with EZ bar. With rope only 11 for 3x8....Didn't really think it mattered much cause I don't do alot of tricep work.....

AznRyda----I am thinking it will take me a year or so depends on how hard I try.....I am not trying to get huge and I think 235 will be OK.......You all will see my base tonight when I pop up some pics......

14. cucumber

cucumber resident fat guy

I wish I would've dieted my first time this way. I was 6'4" 330 and lost over 100 lbs. then tried to put it back on. I wish I would've taken a different approach, but oh well, I'm back up to 225.

Good luck with your goals. You seem to be on the right track as far as your exercise is concerned. Everyone is going to suggest squats and deadlifts. Also, I agree in saying you should probably log your food and make sure you're caloric intake is low enough for you to lose weight.

15. Searcher

Searcher New Member

I agree....I am hoping to get some good ideas and some good critiques as well.......I am expecting some comments of the Fat Whale variety but that is cool.....I can always loose weight...... :)

16. ralyks

ralyks New Member

I recommend looking into flax seed oil or another pill which helps with joints. My joint pains and problems have greatly been reduced and almost disappeared since I started taking flax seed oil capsules.

17. Searcher

Searcher New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I don't know if that will work....Those are the pics I took......

Edit*****Sorry for the big pics......Please resize for ease of forums.......

18. Searcher

Searcher New Member

Well I put my pics up and no one has commented on them......Interesting....

19. Up All Night

Up All Night I might sleep all day

Get comfortable

20. SteveO

SteveO Guest

you look like you have a pretty good amount of mass, just lots of flab covering it. Good luck on the cut, and eat more food. Lots of greens, lean proteins, fibrous/complex carbs

21. Searcher

Searcher New Member

Yeah the cutting part is going to take place in another 6 or 7 months......I am looking to be in this for a least a year.....I am not looking for the 3 month turn around......I am going to start to eat better and work on my diet.....I don't do much cardio so I figure I could do 20 minutes 4 times a week and see what that does.....I am really in need of chest and back.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.