SRS Asked Out A Girl...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by RotiEatter, Sep 6, 2005.

1. RotiEatter

RotiEatter New Member

So I met a girl on Saturday night at a birthday party. I found her on my friend's friendster page and messaged her.

Then we started talking on AIM on Sunday and I asked her out. I said I'm just gonna be blunt and I'd like to take you out.

She told me she has a boyfriend, :(

But then she said we can still hang out sometime, and we tried to make plans for Monday, but I just had to many obligations to help friends with their cars so I couldn't hang out with her.

She was planning on going bowling and watching a movie with some friends, she said she wanted me to come.

She kept textin' me and talkin' to me on AIM though... weird man, I wish I could understand girls. I can't understand why if she has a boyfriend, that she would want to hang out ....

Opinions?

2. AmCo

AmCo Haters goin' Hate

Move on.

3. Drewski

Drewski New Member

Gotta agree with him on this. This can only lead to you being in the friend zone, which means if she breaks up with her b/f, your still SOL, and probably heartbroken to boot.

4. RotiEatter

RotiEatter New Member

I suppose, but I'm kind of wondering why she would care to hang out and text me so much and such....

If she has a boyfriend and I began our relationship/friendship by asking her out she has to be well aware of my intentions. I'm not sure, I'd still like to hang out with her though and see whats up... :)

5. AmCo

AmCo Haters goin' Hate

The Good: She really wants to be your friend. Can you handle being just friends with her?

The Bad: She is stringing you along just in case she breaks up w/ her bf.

Imagine for a second that you had a gf and some guy asked her out but she said they can still hang out.

6. martinez32

martinez32 New Member

Man brings up a good point... The friend stage sucks.

7. johan

johan Active Member

She is not interested in you as a boyfriend. You are an eager and attentive young man, who doubtless will do lots of shit for her just for the asking.

She likes the attention you shower on her. She likes feeling adored.

You're still not getting any.

8. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Maybe she is interested in you as a human being? Maybe she liked the way you treated her? Maybe she enjoys your company?

None of this has anything to do with your penis. You see, she made the mistake of thinking that you too appreciated her as a human being, when in reality, you just wanted to make her scream your name.

Or yeah, she's an attention whore. Its always nice to have a couple dicks on the shelf in case of a breakup.

9. RotiEatter

RotiEatter New Member

hahaha..

Well she keeps texting me still, while I'm at work today, and I invited her to my friend's grand opening of his mexican restaruant on the 12th. She said she'll come...

I haven't done a single thing for her, so I doubt she's trying to keep me as her little puppet or whatever. She did invite me to come hang out with her though. I just couldn't make it. Cars>Girls.

10. PC

PC Active Member

See...this is the difference between boys and girls. Instead of making it clear to you that she's got a boyfriend and so is not interested, she realises that she can still get something from you. She want's to be friends. Even though you've made it clear from the start you are attracted to her? Uh...she's not making sense is she. Why? Well she obviously feel's she can get something from you. She probably see's you as someone who will keep her occupied till her boyfriends free. That or she likes you enough and will cheat on him with you.

11. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

Well, you tried, and you got your answer. Good for you.

There's no misinterpretation now, she knows exactly where you stand.

You got the offer to continue as friends. Leave it at that. I say don't fuck around with your own emotions, don't go out of your way for her, don't assume anything will happen, and don't do anything you will regret later.

12. cmendoza

cmendoza New Member

good luck.

13. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

Hang out with her. If you like her a lot, steal her away from her boyfriend. There are no rules to this shit.

14. Mace Windu

Mace Windu OT's Resident Pile of Awesome

I have been there many times. It is best to just move on. It will lead to heart aches, but in the long run it's best. But you never know, sometime down the road you two may just get together.

15. Lord Mizz VS

Lord Mizz VS New Member

In for you moving on .......

16. individual

individual New Member

Been in the same boat, told her my feelings she was ok with it but she also has a boyfriend. I was gonna drop it and move along but it turned out she is great to keep around. Just don't invest to much time and expect her to be in your pants once she drops the other guy, as far as you know she already has someone else in position for that.

17. tamiyaDrifter

tamiyaDrifter Lurker

I think that having one that's willing to be your friend still is good. I tried asking out a girl from uni last semester and she told me bluntly she had a boyfriend and that he wouldn't like her hanging out with guys he didn't know. :hsugh: I was used as someone to talk to for a whole fucking semester??? I thought it was odd that we couldn't chill together because we always managed to talk practically the whole time we saw each other. :(

18. blindarrow

blindarrow New Member

Had this happen. Just be a friend or drop contact with her. You put yourself out there and got shot down. No biggie.

The girl I'm with now had a boyfriend when I met her. Dude was a complete asshole though. I was just friends with her, and maintained it that way. When they broke up, she came outta nowhere and asked me if I was interested. I said sure, why not?

Simple rules to follow:

1) If a girl has a boyfriend, drop it right then and there. It's not up to you to "break them up" or whatever. If she wants out, she'll get out, and if she's interested in you, then she'll make it known in a subtle or not-so-subtle way.

2) Would you want to find out some other guy has been moving in on your girl? No. Respect that. Karma is a bitch.

3) Leave options open. You never know what will become of a situation.

4) If a girl thinks she can, she'll use you completely. Girls in general love attention ... don't cave to that bullshit.

19. RotiEatter

RotiEatter New Member

O fo sho...

I pretty much agree with you guys completely, but like I said I haven't done anything for her. I'm just gonna take it easy and be cool with her. More than likely, Ill run into her at other social events if they are hosted by the same people.

She did agree to come to eat though, so Ill see how it goes. It won't be a date or anythign though, Ill be with a few other friends too more than likely.

I mean, we can be friends. I'm not in love with her. I just met her and thought she was cool. I figure its worth a shot to get to know her better, if she's lame I drop her. If she's cool Ill say hi now and then and maybe we can hang out occasionally... no biggie. As for the b/f, I wouldn't step on his feet because I would never want that done to me. :)

Last edited: Sep 8, 2005
  20. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

I read that as 'options' and said to myself 'why does he need out help, he already knows why she is doing this' then I re-read :hs:

She is keeping all her options open dude and you need to run

21. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

She hates Roti. No self respecting woman dates a RotiEater. Chowpatty are way sexy. Switch.

22. alexs001

alexs001 Mawk! Mawk!

Just getting out of the situation you are in. Went out a few times, but by the time I got around to making a move, I was already buried in the friend zone. Either be her friend or nothing at all.

23. RotiEatter

RotiEatter New Member

yee

So she asked me to attend a party with her tonight... I suppose Ill just get stoned before I go meet her, then I can grab her in sexual ways against her will and blame it on being under the influence, hahaha.. I'm joking...

Ill go , as long it doesn't cut into The OC. :big grin:

24. johan

johan Active Member

Cool. Is the boyfriend coming along?

You know you probably should just make a move on her while at this party. Then we'll see if the "boyfriend" is real or fake.

Of course, if she says no, that means no. Asylum is not about promoting sexual assault.

25. RotiEatter

RotiEatter New Member

I don't believe the "boyfriend" is coming... atleast she didn't mention it, but I didn't ask. Oh well, either way Ill find out whats going on soon.

Ill keep everyone updated on anything exciting that might occur. :p