SRS asked a girl out v. 11ty billion

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by wimp, Mar 8, 2009.

1. wimp

wimp New Member

so there's this girl ive been talking to from class... i sat next to her early in the quarter and we've been pretty flirty but the last day of class on friday i decide to ask her out... was gonna ask her out sooner, but found about about the bf so was hesitant to ask her out... i had to leave early so i shot her a text, she calls me back, and i ask her out... anyways, i know she has a bf she brought up a couple times, but i decide to ask her out anyways... so she comes up with an excuse about a test in the middle of this week but she said we could hang out later tonight...

am i overstepping my boundaries here? should i just back off since i dont know what im getting myself into her having a bf and all?

2. wimp

wimp New Member

figured as much heh ........ d'oh

im ok with failure (and very acquainted with it), but how could i have done this better next time? if i meet a cute girl i should ask her out sooner instead of talking with her thru the entire quarter.... before she mentions her bf (cause they seem to always have one)? ... im 22 and for the last 2 years ive had a ton of personal shit and problems so i've missed out on a lot.... and want to catch up with other people my age when it comes to women.... i also get a bit anxious... when it comes to asking out girls i like but when i am just talking to them casually i can be charming... i also think i am physically attractive, but i get this defense mechanism thing going when i ask girls out and shit and it gets all weird.... i also used to be a fat kid in HS so i have all that baggage with me too...

Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  3. THoC

THoC New Member

i think the more important part here is not how/when you're asking her out. the important part is that she has a bf.

flirty or not know that you should not build this into more then what it is. at best a quick hook up. at worst you date and she does this to YOU!

4. wimp

wimp New Member

they all have bfs! akljfdalskdjfasl;df

5. THoC

THoC New Member

then find ones that do not.

like i said though.... if all you want to do is have fun then do your thing.

however, if you are one to get attached to a girl easily i would stay away. you will set yourself up when she does the same shit to you.

6. THoC

THoC New Member

im actually going through a similar thing. girl is cool as shit and hot. i know she likes me and she knows i like her.

then i find out she has a bf.

as soon as i found out all thought of dating this girl went out the window.
    however if she wants to hang out with me to a place im already going to then by all means come. whatever happens, happens.

7. elduderino323

elduderino323 OT Supporter

8. wimp

wimp New Member

yea i guess i feel like i dont meet that many girls im interested in and like id rather not be friends with a girl i like and it feels like all that chatter and hoping was a waste of time ... if i could pull the trigger faster i'd know exactly where i stand

9. THoC

THoC New Member

its a balance. you cant "pull the trigger" too fast or she will lose interest. wait too long and you may get friend zoned.

just tell her that you are going to shoot pool, bowl, to a happy hour, etc... and ask her if she will join you.

10. THoC

THoC New Member

if he was good at listening to his gut he wouldnt be posting on a forum asking what to do.

11. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Seriously, why the fuck do people text each other so much?

12. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

My experience is that all the good ones are taken by about age 16, if for no other reason than because most women will instinctively stay in relationships just so they don't get hit on constantly.

13. forgotmyname

forgotmyname Active Member

A woman that cheats is not worth going for.

14. wimp

wimp New Member

so i need to find some 16 year olds?

15. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

Even if she says yes to you why would you want to date a woman like that? If she can drop her b/f just like that for you whats to say that won't happen to you when she meets some other guy?

16. SPACECATAZ

SPACECATAZ New Member

You're setting yourself up for fail if you continue with a girl who has a b/f.

17. filho do deus

filho do deus New Member

at the same time i feel like a lot of girls just stay ´dating´someone because its comfortable, not necessarily that they really like him

18. mg

mg OT Supporter

this makes me wonder.. are you looking for a girl to date/be in a relationship with or just a chick to hook up with? either case will most likely lead to disaster because she has a boyfriend.

19. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

20. kristaliah

kristaliah New Member

Back off.

You're just setting your self up to be friendzoned and hurt in the end. Just because she's "flirty" that doesn't mean she's interested.