SRS Ask out someone who went to rehab to go out to the bar?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Red99, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Red99

Red99 Guest

I know this guy who went to rehab. Personally, i didnt think he needed it since he didnt even do drugs that often. He went to rehab for painkillers and weed :ugh:

he isnt drinking anymore, which i think is dumb since he never had a problem with alcohol. He's the kind of guy who would only have 4-5 drinks at max.

But my question is whether going to the bar with him would be ok? Like have him come out with our group of friends? he could be the DD or some shit? Cause to be honest with you, on Weekends i drink just about every night and i dont want to leave the guy out of the fun and have him go back to doing drugs or something...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2008
  2. 7960

7960 New Member

:ugh:

with friends like you he should have just OD'ed.

3. Ridonkulous1

Ridonkulous1 New Member

no. don't bring him with you. if you're a good friend and really care about his sobriety, then just don't go to the bar and hang out with him. But, don't bring him to the fucking bar.

4. Red99

Red99 Guest

well would you recommend bringing him to a party or something? Cause i would like to meet girls or whatever.

Its not like he ever had a problem with alcohol, like i said. And i dont want to just sit at someones house doing nothing....

5. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

then think of another option. Going to bars or sitting at home are not your only choices.

6. WGD87

WGD87 New Member

When people have problems with addictions it is often a good idea to keep them away from addictive elements. Drinking and going to bars is not a good scene for this person. A lot of the time with smoking going to a bar makes someone want to smoke because they did them together at some point. Just like when someone quits smoking getting in the car is hard because the first thing they want to do is light up a cigarette.

It doesn't matter that he wasn't addicted to alcohol. It isn't stupid that he stopped. He is doing something good for himself and it is probably extremely hard for him. You should respect that.

7. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

BANNED BY SUPER MODERATORS