LGBT Asexuality

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by BalkanBabe, Aug 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BalkanBabe

BalkanBabe Guest

i just want to go to school right now and work. i don't see anything wrong with putting my education first. why are people always on my ass about not "going out"? i've never enjoyed parties or big social get-togethers. im sure as hell not gonna start now. i prefer to "hit the books" instead of act like what i see and hear on tv. i'm not a social person. i don't see why people are so damn ignorant and refuse to acknowledge that i prefer solitude? i have no interest whatsoever in finding "the right one", fallin in love, getting married, and having kids. i'd rather keep my feelings, emotions, and heart protected than to let them decompose because of some jackhole. and it's not like i envy others or anything.. i just don't allow myself to be put in deep shit like they do. they don't understand that i CHOOSE to be alone. i wish they would stop harassing me about it because it's really pushing me to my last nerve.

2. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

Oh gosh, I agree with you so much.

Don't get me wrong, and I'm sure you're the same--you'd like to hang out with one of your friends, not 5 at the same time.

But you're not alone on this. Right now in my life I don't want or need a "significant other." I'm too fickel for that. And I don't like people enough yet.

3. cedric

cedric I don't have a contract

You'll find that almost everybody here will respect your opinions and wishes, and I'm no different. If you prefer to be alone that's your choice and nobody has the right tell you otherwise. However, I'll just say that I think you're selling yourself short if the reason that you want to be alone is because you're afraid of getting hurt, or "keeping your heart protected," as you put it. If somebody hurt you before, then you're more than entitled to give yourself time to heal, but I'd hope it wouldn't forever destroy the possibility of your making a connection with somebody.

The way you're presenting your argument is making it sound as if you're introverting yourself because you don't want to put yourself in a position where you're vulnerable. While it's true that can put you in a position to be hurt really really badly, it can also put you in a position where you can find the greatest joy in life by sharing yourself with someone else who loves you.

Again, I respect your opinion, but I can't say that I agree with it. Not enjoying going to parties and being around huge crowds is one thing, I know a lot of people who are like that, I'm one of them. However, wanting to be alone all the time, I just can't understand. Just personal preference; I'm not trying to indicate any right or wrong. :hs:

4. BalkanBabe

BalkanBabe Guest

5. boris yeltsin

boris yeltsin New Member

I like being with my friends. I however dont like parties that much.

As for loving somone. Im open to people, or as open as I can be. RIght now Im pretty much in love with Jamien right now.

6. Jamien

Jamien Sabotage. Overthrow. Disobey and Demolish.

I spend lots of time alone, too. I don't hang in the town, like everyone else does.

I like spending time with my two best friends, but for love, there's always boris...

7. RedGoober4Life

My reasoning for wanting to be "alone" is
    1) I'm an idiot
    2) I change my mind on things every 30 seconds
    3) I don't think I'm here to love one person more then anybody else in the world
    4) I like rusty spoons

8. boris yeltsin

boris yeltsin New Member

Im always here for you :kiss:

:rofl: at number 4

I change my mind alot as well, but for some reason I always end up going back to my first decision

9. RedGoober4Life

My first decision would to be to become an ovum again so I can do things over but since that's not happening I'll just pretend by taking a lot of folic acid.

10. boris yeltsin

boris yeltsin New Member

I have often wanted to go back and change something that I screwed up. But thats history and I cant change it.

11. BalkanBabe

BalkanBabe Guest

:wavey: cao medeni!! it is my pleasure as well to meet one such as yourself. I'm not a hermit crab or anything like that. I've always kept to myself and made more friends that way. School and work is what i've always known and i prefer to concentrate on my life and my life only right now. I have less stress and drama this way.

12. boris yeltsin

boris yeltsin New Member

Nemorate pricat tako da englesi nemogu rasumjeti ;).

I too prefer guys but there are some girls I adore too. Not for their looks, but for their personality.

13. BalkanBabe

BalkanBabe Guest

a vidi ko prica... :nono: .. lol.. why not? it's a "free country" ain't it? kad mogu, zasto nebi? *anyways* some people cannot live without having a significant other. i, on the other hand, am able to control myself and can do without "a significant other" just fine. like sweet adorable niki said.. you can't love someone else unless you learn to love yourself first. im not into that lovey dovey crap. but i do have a couple of close friends [niki & billy]. this is my life. im having fun living it this way. for anyone who does not comprehend... :fawk: .. because yall are just gonna have to broaden your horizons and accept the fact that not everyone lives in a happy bubble.

14. boris yeltsin

boris yeltsin New Member

Are you a lesbian? Sorry for the sudden question im curious.

15. BalkanBabe

BalkanBabe Guest

although im tomboy-ish at times, i possess no fruitcake qualities like you do. and niki, by the way, this is my thread. if you don't like it, get the steppin!! ... but with all due respect and because i can't go on without you, the name niki shall be used no more.

16. boris yeltsin

boris yeltsin New Member

Ok now that thats done. Balkan Babe, are you lesbian?

17. boris yeltsin

boris yeltsin New Member

Okay, I was just asking.

18. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

...actually, no. Asexuality is not making a choice not to act upon your sexual attractions, but is instead the experience of not experiencing any sexual attractions to begin with. If the person can self-label 'gay', 'bisexual', or 'heterosexual', then said person cannot be asexual...as they wouldn't be sexually attracted (ie, have a sexual desire) toward anyone.

But that doesn't mean that BalkanBabe doesn't experience the same cultural stigmatization as asexuals are subjected to. BalkanBabe probably harbors negative feelings about sex due to being continuously pressured by a highly overly sexual society into believing sex to be extremely important...

19. Notorious R.I.E.

Notorious R.I.E. Queen Bee

hmmmm, there is something so familiar about this thread...:rolleyes: i just can't seem to put my finger on it :rofl:

20. boris yeltsin

boris yeltsin New Member

It is similar to a certain thread a couple of pages forward :rofl:

It has the same people with different names using the same arguments

21. Notorious R.I.E.

yeah... what is this now his third name? fourth name? i just can't keep up :rofl:

22. boris yeltsin

boris yeltsin New Member

:rofl: I can see we are going to be good friends here Rie.

Some of us dont want to be asexual Mr. Nikolai. At least, I dont.

23. Notorious R.I.E.

:bigthumb:

For real to me, Life isn't worth anything without someone to share it with

24. boris yeltsin

boris yeltsin New Member

Same here, if I didnt have Jesse right now id go crazy. He is getting a new didgital camera one of these days so you guys are gonna see how cute he for yourselves. :naughty:

25. Notorious R.I.E.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.