SRS As sillly as it sounds, im serious.... I'm addicted to Mtn Dew.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by FindersKeepers, Mar 13, 2008.

1. FindersKeepers

FindersKeepers New Member

If I dont have a bottle or can of it in the morning, I feel sick the rest of the day.

I've tried to lose weight but one of the factors making me fail is this, because I cant drink it on an empty stomach either or it makes my stomach hurt.

HOW in the world do I kick a fricken caffiene/mtn dew addiction, i've tried stopping and for a few days im just grouchy, irratable and shitty and oh my god does my head ever hurt.

I tried limiting intake like having half a botth or half a can/etc.... but I always get it in my mind 'well, whats a little more gonna hurt"

HALP!

2. FindersKeepers

FindersKeepers New Member

well so far im on day 3 without Mtn Dew in the morning

Instead i've been drinking Caffiene Free Diet Rootbeer, and water.

What helped was getting on the scale.... I need to cut all that shit to lose weight.

Today I had a starbucks frappuccino in the glass bottles when I came into work because my ass was dragging... then I had some fruit punch... waiting a bit and will have some water

I'm trying!

3. LuciferBowels

LuciferBowels New Member

If I dont drink caffiene before 2pm I get a pounding headache. Ive been easing myself off the coffee.

4. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

caffeine withdrawal is awful

i feel like crap every time i quit it

5. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

oh and you can take caffeine pills, or a sugar-free drink with caffeine

6. anomaly

anomaly If you weren't around for the original HA.net spli

You just have to suffer through it. The first week or so can be rough but if you replace it with LOTS of water and cranberry juice to help flush your system it goes away sooner rather than later.

7. n1nj3w

n1nj3w New Member

I went cold turkey from 2 two liter bottles a day. Just drink alot of water. I had tryed to quit before but I was so used to drinking caffeine drinks that I didn't drink anything when I quit. Trust me once you quit for awhile it won't seem that bad.

8. Ground Rat

Ground Rat New Member

I recently quit drinking my morning coffee. I had some bad headaches and was real tired in the morning the first week, but now I'm over it. Sounds like you drank a lot more caffine than I did though. Good luck kickin it.

9. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

try a cup of black coffee to take the edge off.

as far as how to quit, well, lets say you wanted to quit driving. Would you only drive on the weekends? Would you only drive sometimes, or only for short distances? No. You would not drive.

apply that

10. Pulp Fiction

Pulp Fiction New Member

caffiene fucks you up if you have a dependency for it

11. Hym3n

Hym3n New Member

After years of drinking nothing but sodas growing up, I got to the point where I had no less than (5) 12oz. cans a day of either Mountain Dew, Dr. Pepper, or both, when I decided to stop. So for New Years Eve 2002(?), I went balls out and just drank as much as I could all day and night. Went through like a 12-pack, two 2 liters, and several big bottles over the day and night, and stopped cold turkey at midnight. For my New Year's Resolution (first one ever), I completely stopped drinking all CARBONATED drinks that entire year. The only time I ever broke it was when I had a sip of "Soda water" that I'd accidently gotten from a drink fountain instead of water, which was promptly spit out. Nothing else, all year.

The first week SUCKED. Headaches like mad. But after that, it started to get a lot better. I drank nothing but water really. Occasional orange juice, but really just water all the time. I felt so much better after a few months, and I'd lost a little weight too. When the next New Years came around, I had a Dr. Pepper for the first time in a year, and honestly didn't even finish it. It tasted good, but I found it to be really acidic. That whole next year I would have probably a single carbonated drink every other day, but that was all I ever desired. I simply enjoyed water more. And every other year since then, I've done all water for a year. I feel as though its really helped me. Yes, that first week was rough, infact, the first month kinda sucked, but after that, I started to feel much better. Just drink a lot of water and you'll get through it just fine.

12. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

The first week sucks, but just drink lots of water and juices. Right now I have soda maybe once every few days. If I am truly tired and cannot stay awake during class then I will have coffee or Soda w/ caffeine.

13. Two toys

Two toys New Member

i had a crazy addiction in my first year of college. it was so bad that i started shaking all the time and almost passing out while driving...

i was doing like a redbull when i woke up, a large frap with 3 extra shots before class, then a redbull at lunch or pepsi or whatever i could get. then more caffeine at home...

i had to quit and just stopped one day.. everything went away after a week or two and ive felt amazing ever since.. although when i tried drinking coffee again a few years later i had a few sips and started shaking and got so wired it was insane.

14. Scoop

Scoop New Member

i would drink coffee before work everyday for a good 3 months, when i didn't have one i felt like shit, i would be passing out while my boss was talking to me, i realized it was becoming a serious problem. just stopped, since then (its been over a year), ive been practically caffeine free and when i do drink anything with caffeine (decaf if ever) i get so wired my friends think im tweaking.

its good to stay away from that crap.