SRS As if having no friends wasn't enough ...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by pandizzle, Jun 9, 2008.

1. pandizzle

pandizzle Guest

I just got dumped. I officially have no one. :wtc:

2. Jay Pheezy

Jay Pheezy New Member

I hope you didn't ditch all of your friends for your SO. It happens though, a lot of people end up doing it. Like the last guy said, start small, and things will build.

3. eljefedetonto

eljefedetonto OT Supporter

this sounds like a great time to start over.

4. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

Sounds like a great time to investigate Gnosticism or Buddhism, where one learns that all impressions of friends, wife, etc are temporary but when we become identified with them as being "real" then we suffer, due to their temporary nature.

;)

5. pandizzle

pandizzle Guest

I have no friends. My two best friends stabbed my in the back (see previous thread). The other people I know don't care. Therefore, I wouldn't get anything out of talking to them.

6. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

:hug: we are here for you, hold on even tho its hard. :love:

7. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

This can happen to me. Everything you said is what I have, about 2 friends and a girlfriend.

But it's happened before. Why rely on the unreliable?

8. teo

teo . => ? => !

FWIW I had my complete circle of friends "dump" me after I dumped my then-bf. It sucked quite a bit at the time. Later, I came to realize that I was better off without them because they weren't there for me. In time you'll see the same.

There aren't any true endings in life. When you think all the doors are closed, you're often missing a crucial door that's standing open for you right now. You probably don't see it yet, but this is a time of great opportunity. Don't dwell on what you think you're missing out on, because it's not as great as your pained ego makes it out to be. Take a nice relaxing bath, accept that you can't change what has happened, and then focus on your future.

9. pandizzle

pandizzle Guest

Thanks, that was actually really inspiring. :hs:

10. hsugh knight

hsugh knight Guest

join a sport team maybe? i play soccer on teh weekend and i've made tons of friends for the first time in my life :hs:

BJJ is also cool.

11. Anon.

Anon. New Member

Don't get sucked into the internet... go out, make new friends, not just ones from the internet...

12. PureEnergy

PureEnergy New Member

i have no friends too and at this age almost pushing 30 its nearly impossible to make new ones. The older crowd, which is around the late 20s are already married and is to busy to have a social life and they'll probably will never have a social life again ever. The younger crowd which is probably 25 or younger do not want to socialize with the older crowd. I'll probably have better luck in the next life time, if there is one.

13. Saluki

Saluki New Member

That's not always true...just gotta find the right group with common interests.

Example: My group of best friends (like 4 of us) ride ATV's and we go to the off-road parks in the area and we've met some "older" guys at the parks that were really cool. Not only do we meet up at the different parks with them for riding but we go out with them bar hopping too.

So don't just think cause they're younger they don't want to socialize with the "older" crowd.

14. teo

teo . => ? => !

Update?

15. rickforking

rickforking OT Supporter

16. Rellik

Rellik New Member

how'd you get a girlfriend in the first place? loners dont get gfs. even having friends isnt enough..