TAT Artist etiquette?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Antigeek, May 19, 2009.

1. Antigeek

Antigeek Who Dat!

I went to a local artist to draw up a tattoo I'm interested in about a week and a half ago. He said he'd contact me by yesterday, but I haven't received a call/email/text back from him yet. I did email and text him, but haven't gotten a reply.

Is it normal for the industry? Should I find another artist?

2. eelliiss

eelliiss Active Member

This industry is pretty notorious for bad customer service. I guess you can either be patient if he's worth the wait or move on.

3. Antigeek

Antigeek Who Dat!

Yea, I guess so. I just figured someone looking at dropping close to a grand should get some sort of attention.

4. eelliiss

eelliiss Active Member

You would think so, right?

There also could be a myriad of other reason, so I'd hate to generalize. He may be a super popular artist and can't get back to you expediently. He may not be into the idea or style behind the work. Who knows? Just keep at it if you really like his work.

5. Antigeek

Antigeek Who Dat!

It's frustrating and I'm venting a bit. This is going to be my first piece, so I'm not sure if this sort of thing is normal or not.

I found this guy because the style he does is what I want (large traditional Japanese pieces). And I'm OK with waiting if he's got a huge backlog, just return an email or something...

6. sorryforya

sorryforya New Member

Like eelliiss said, there are various reasons why he hasn't contacted you yet. From my experience, I'm going to assume 2 reasons. 1) he doesn't want to work on you. 2) he's too busy. You'll be surprised how picky some artists are. With both my artists, I had to get introduced through a close friend of theirs or else they would have never worked on me.

7. Antigeek

Antigeek Who Dat!

He emailed me last night. Going by Friday to look at/approve the art.