TAT Artificial nails

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Elfling, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Elfling

Elfling New Member

Maybe a little vanilla for here :mamoru: but I wanted serious answers. I want to get my nails done..acrylics? gels? Opinions from those who have them? I type a LOT and am pretty active, I'm always breaking off my natural nails.

2. Chrissy

Chrissy dnb doll

i would advise you to just get a manicure every two weeks instead of trashing already healthy nails.

3. audrey

audrey New Member

They fuck up your nails and look fake. I had them for years.

Once you get used to them typing is fairly easy. It was doing up buttons that was the hardest!

4. xela

xela So say we all!

I agree with the manicure part, but I suggest once a week. Its better upkeep and plus your polish starts to come off by day 6 or 7 anyway. :mamoru:

If for some reason you do decide to get acrylic nails just make sure they never use a drill on your natural nail. Most likely it will permanantly damage it. Trust me on this, I'm a licensed nail tech. ;)

5. Chrissy

Chrissy dnb doll

i had acrylics for about 5 years. i used white tips, with a gel top-coat so i wouldn't have to deal with polish flaking off. i had them taken off about a year ago and now use a three in one nail buffer from botanical beauty every 4-5 days. i don't have to use polish and just file my nails down when i need to. it's really helped to strengthen my nails and i barely have to deal with any breaking. :)

*www.botanicalbeauty4u.com

6. Chrissy

Chrissy dnb doll

that looks so painful when people have their nails drilled down :wtc:

7. Lick Harrass

Lick Harrass New Member

what is this nail drilling you guys speak of?

8. xela

xela So say we all!

It usually is a little painful. I mean, they drill too hard stay in the same spot....people get burned...its just bad. I'm so against it.

The girls who do that say, "Oh, well the acryllic doesn't adhere if you don't do it like that." That's all BS! All you need to do if rough up the nail bed a little (techically just taking away the shine) with a nail file. If anyone tells you differently, excuse yourself from their table. :o

9. DreamDemon

DreamDemon New Member

I recently got mine done for the first time, because like you, I liked the way they look and also had a problem with my real nails breaking all the time.
    I've had them for about... oooohh... 2 weeks, maybe more, and I'm used to doing everything with them.

The only thing I will say is that in my opinion, you get what you pay for. For example, there is a place 2 hours from my hometown where I got mine done, and I'm fairly certain they did a shitty job. (Not that I have anything to compare it to, but...) I only paid $40 there, and they look kinda funny to me compared to other people's that I have seen. One of the girls I went to HS with has had hers done for a long time now, she likes them, and they look great, but she pays $60+ everytime she has to have them completely re-done, and $20+ to get them filled...
    Just some stuff to keep in mind.