A&P Art?:Airbrush

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by DSAzeppelin, May 2, 2004.

1. DSAzeppelin

DSAzeppelin New Member

Hey all, I recently recieved a Passche AB Airbrush as a gift.

It's description says that is it used for the most precise work by artists, illustrators and photo retouchers.

However when I try using mine, the finest I could get it to go is probably a little bit bigger than 1/4". Plus the bad thing is that it is not a fine line, it has a big spread to it, where a lot of paint kind of splatters.

I will try to post a picture of the paint so you guys know what I'm talking about.

But do any of you know of a different site or even know how to cure my airbrush?

I thought it may be the needle so I purchased new ones and had the same result, I am using a proper compressor, I checked the airspeed...and I then thought it may be the paint consistency, but for all I know that seems to be fine aswell.

Thanks in advance :)

2. SICK GUY

SICK GUY 69, DUDE!!

i have always sort of concidered Passche airbrushes generic. go with a Badger. they are smaller and have a better feel to them. paint nice too.

3. kirbir

kirbir New Member

4. DSAzeppelin

DSAzeppelin New Member

^ That last post is really informative...thanks...

I have the TURBO airbrush that they show on the 1st page(Paasche AB)...and I still havn't been able to find any specifics on how to find out whats wrong with mine...I even took it to afew art places around here and they've never even seen my airbrush before. I dont really want to buy a new one and forget about it(seeing as it's an expensive gift), but if I can't...I guess I'll check out a badger one like you said SICK GUY....

Ill pull out my equipment tomorrow and scan the results so you guys can see what I'm talking about...if that'll help...

5. Balzak

Balzak New Member

its been 2 years and he still hasnt scanned 'em :squint:

6. nebulous

nebulous all it took was a blow to the head OT Supporter

What about using tape or stencils to narrow your spray?

7. Joetabasco

Joetabasco The Wing King

If you want the best airbrush go with Iwata. Mike Lavalee and other pros use nothing but them. I have 6. they are WELL worth the money and they do go VERY fine. You will need to manage your air pressure, Needles and tips with the Paasce airbrushes to get the fine spray pattern.

8. famous

famous OT Supporter

i love how even though this guy is saying hej ust got it AS A GIFT you guys still recommend him something different.

and its 2 yearso ld, why the fuck did you bring it back to say he didnt show pictures?

9. Joetabasco

Joetabasco The Wing King

sorry. forgot it was a gift... to get the fine line... your paint must be VERY thin and you start your air first and then VERY VERY slowly bring in your paint. you will need to be fairly close to the object/canvas. with my iwata I have to almost touch the surface with the needle. With the turbo, the needle moves back and forth letting out very small amounts of paint therefore thin lines. the paint does need to be watery... just slightly thinner than 2% milk.

10. Colonel Panic

Colonel Panic New Member

The Passche AB is a bitch to use because it clogs up so easily. Any airbrush for that matter will give you grief unless it is absolutely immaculately clean. When I taught airbrush, eons ago, the first thing I had the class do was learn how to take it apart and clean it.

11. portajesus

portajesus New Member

Could anyone who has experience with air brush paint recommend me a specific brand of paint they like, and possibly locations to purchase said paint? :) My friend just got an airbrush and she is dying to use it, but can't find any place to get paint for it, and has no idea what is good and whats bad

12. Colonel Panic

Colonel Panic New Member