GUN Arrested after tackling intruder

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Nov 4, 2007.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Arrested after tackling intruder

By LYNSEY HAYWOOD

Published: 03 Nov 2007
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article423400.ece

A DAD grabbed a drunken teenager he thought was trying to break into his home, handed him to police – and was arrested.

Now Mark Goldberg fears he could lose his Ministry of Defence job if he is prosecuted.

The head chef, who has children aged five and 15, heard a noise at the window of his townhouse at around 10.30pm. He opened the curtains and spotted the yob teetering on the window ledge.

Mark, 38, said: “He must have jumped over railings and climbed up a drainpipe. But when I went out he tried to say he was looking for someone.”

While his wife called police in Gravesend, Kent, Mark grappled with the teenager – who may have been attending a nearby party.

He managed to flee but Mark chased him and marched him back to waiting cops. To his amazement they arrested HIM for assault.

He said: “The police said the guy had a fat lip. We did tussle and fall to the ground but I didn’t hit him. He’s just making up stories and they believe him, not me. They threw me in a cell for 15 hours.”

Mark has been told he must return to the police station on December 6. He is the latest in a string of householders to be arrested trying to protect their homes and property.

Mark said: “This country has gone barmy. You can’t even protect your own family in your own home any more.”

A police spokesman said: “Our investigations continue.”

2. JaimeZX

JaimeZX Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew OT Supporter

:england:

3. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

4. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

:rofl: what a shithole

5. thedude11

thedude11 New Member

Well that country has gone barmy... :rofl:

6. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

wtf... the kid was on his property, he had every right to beat the shit out of him, as far as I'm concerned.

7. VladTemplar

VladTemplar New Member

You guys have to understand, I go out of my way to make sure I don't offend anyone when I live here.

I was on a train coming back from work when a couple of wannabe gangster kids were blocking my way on the train. I needed to get by them and they had their legs in the aisle. I asked them to move, they acted like they didn't hear me, I asked again, same response. I then said to move or I'd make them move, they looked at me blankly, so I just knocked their legs out of the way (I'm a prety big guy) and they went sprawling like I'd hit them with sledgehammers.

I just kept moving and went to the next car thinking it was behind me and I could just go home. Oh no, two cops (and a community support officer, aka volunteer officer, aka hobby bobby, aka wannabe cop) came up to ask me why I had 'assaulted' two innocent youths. I explained what had occured and said that the CCTV video (everything is on CCTV is this country unless you're in your home, but even then the mobile surveillance vans will hear your conversations through walls and they use IR cameras) would show that I was just trying to get by. The cops then proceeded to search me, wondered why my FUCKING KEYS were so 'sharp' (they're fucking rectangular and have no edge at all!) and then informed me that this was a polite warning and that in the future such actions would constitute an offense and I could land in jail.

From now one if I see any one doing anything that could anger me I purposefully avoid them. If you do anything to cross them they'll claim an ASBO on you (anti-social behavior order) and say that YOU caused them harm.

This country is fucking insane and I can't wait to leave.

8. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

you're fucking kidding right? What country is that?

9. thedude11

thedude11 New Member

England...

Screw that mess...:rofl:

10. VladTemplar

VladTemplar New Member

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

The vans are not so common in poorer areas where the crime is more prevalent they tend to be in the upper class areas with rich people. I see them almost daily here in Kensington.

11. VladTemplar

VladTemplar New Member

It's pretty damned close to a police state, but the police aren't everywhere.

The scary thing is that the whole populace keeps asking for more police officers. I worked in a party office for awhile doing mail surveys and almost all of them kept wanting more police, more CCTV, more patrols, etc etc. They have one of the tightest police systems in the world yet crime is still very common, though the people want to be protected against ASB (anti-social behavior). It's entirely common for people to call the police and ask for them to respond to 'questionable youths' who are 'loitering in the parks'.

I tried counting how many cameras were able to track me as I go to work one day. I gave up after 40.

12. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

isn't the mobile van an invasion of privacy? How is that even remotely legal?

If you did that in america without a warrant, you'd be fucked, afaik.

13. VladTemplar

VladTemplar New Member

Just for background, both Britain and American work on common law systems for their legal proceedings. So past precedent matters just as much here as it does in America.

The difference is that in Britain there is absolutely no 'expectation' of privacy.

Edit: You're also right about America, 'plain sight' has been defined as anything visible with the unaided eye.

14. MTech

MTech New Member

That's exactly it..he chased the guy away.. than he wasn't on his property. So the family was safe.
    I still things it's ridiculous they didn't arrest the kid and would believe the kid, but the guy did chase him off the property first.

15. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

If the kid gets away, then he will NEVER be found. I disagree with shooting someone in teh back, but if a fight ensues and you obviously effect an arrest, and they flee, then I don't see a problem with ensuring the cops have an opportunity to actually deal with it.

All these situations prove is that if you break the law and run away, then there is no reasonable recourse.

16. MTech

MTech New Member

I'm just saying that they're probably thinking to the logics that if he scuffled with this kid to get him off his porch or whatever and to leave the property..ok... but did that than chased him and beat his ass n dragged him back to the cops... not okay.

17. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Not ok?

The crime was committed and that crime is not simply nullified because the perp leaves the premises.

The original story is ridiculous and I'm just glad I'm glad we broke away from that backwards ass country long ago.

18. MTech

MTech New Member

What crime? He never did a thing. he was outside this guys house and that's it.. he could of been looking for somebody (since it sounds like this is a apartment complex or something similar). He didn't break into the place, he didn't vandalize anything.. he was just outside and the guy dropped him and from the sounds of it assaulted him in a chase down instead of just subdoing him.

I think it's BS they are trying to arrest the home owner, but the kid also didn't really do anything. he might of had intent but we don't know and seeing as he seemed to pose no threat there was no justification for beating his ass.

19. VladTemplar

VladTemplar New Member

Yep, that's how I was raised and it worked like a fucking charm. Now it's almost illegal for you to spank your kids.

I don't know what the fuck people are thinking...oh wait...they're not really thinking.

20. Alphaeus

Alphaeus New Member

England fucking sucks so bad :rofl:

21. VladTemplar

VladTemplar New Member

I was awful when I was a young kid, apparently I did just about anything to annoy my parents or anyone else. Every time I crossed the line my ass was busted, I swear to this day the reason I have no ass is because it was all beaten off of me when I was a kid. I hated it every time, I screamed that it was abuse and yet it kept coming.

Then one day I just stopped giving them reasons to do it, I shaped up and became better. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't thank my parents for that. I see some of the people my age who do essentially the grown up version of what I did as a kid and shake my head, of course their parents usually 'talked to them' or 'took away the Nintendo' as a punishment.

It was a fucking good day if all I lost was my Nintendo.

22. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

the guy scaled his fence, and climbed up a rain gutter to peer through a window. That is a great bit more than "looking for someone" and IF they were just "looking for someone" they sure as hell were doing so in a manner that a prudent person would NOT find reasonable. As a home owner, he was FULLY justified taking them down. I would probably use my voice before my hands, but I can't say that in addition to my voice there wouldn't be my Glock.

If a kid climbs my fence, and is looking through the window at my daughter, then sure-as-shit he's going to get an intimate introduction to my glocks barrel and he had better fucking have a good and quick explanation on why the fuck he couldn't come to the front door if he had any legitimate purpose.

23. MTech

MTech New Member

nowhere in the article does it say he was peepin on dudes daughter... it says the guy looked out the window n saw this kid out there on some ledge...the kid wasn't looking through the window as there was curtains the guy had to open to be able to even see out.
    Wtf the kid was actually doing we dunno but all he was guilty of at this point was trespassing

24. JaimeZX

JaimeZX Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew OT Supporter

OK but there's "hey kid, get off my lawn or I'll call the cops" tresspassing and then there's "hey kid WTF are you doing on the ledge outside my third-story window" tresspassing.

25. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

EXACTLY. The article says the kid had to climb up his rain gutter to get to a upper-floor. At that point, a prudent person would find it reasonable that their actions are malicious and physical force is justified.