Arnold press problem

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Up All Night, May 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Up All Night

Up All Night I might sleep all day

I did arnold presses for the first time today and on each rep i felt a weird, tingly sensation in my right elbow. It felt kind of like someone was lightly hitting me on my funnybone. Anyone ever have this?

2. SpeedyGST

SpeedyGST Guest

may be doing them too fast, slow down and when you twist for the top of the motion do it slowly and with control, lower your weight a bit if nessacary.

3. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

it means your ulnar nerve is gettin pinched

4. Up All Night

Up All Night I might sleep all day

Is this potentially harmful? The tingling isn't a problem, i just want to make sure im not doing lasting damage

5. shastaisforwinners

shastaisforwinners OT Supporter

http://www.indianahandcenter.com/medical_cubital.html

Cubital Tunnel Syndrome

The ulnar nerve provides sensation to the little finger and half of the ring finger. It supplies several muscles in the forearm but most importantly controls many of the small muscles in the hand responsible for coordinating finger motion and pinch. Patients with this condition commonly exhibit symptoms of intermittent numbness or tingling in the ring and little fingers of the affected extremity. These symptoms may occur with prolonged flexion of the elbow or resting against the elbow. There may be an associated aching discomfort along the inner forearm or elbow. If nerve damage persists, there is loss of sensation in the ring and little fingers. Eventually there is loss of pinch and grip strength.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.