MIL ARMY STRONG HOOAH

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Julius, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Julius

Julius Guest

[​IMG][​IMG]

Do you know what's Army Strong?

Going AWOL, stealing a van, wrecking the said van, and becoming homicidal is Army Strong. Being thrown in jail and then transported back to your duty station for mental evaluation so that SOLDIERS IN YOUR UNIT GET TO WATCH YOU DURING THEIR WEEKEND is Army Strong.

Falling out of 10 min mile runs is Army Strong.

Being overweight and a piece of fucking shit is Army Strong. There's nothing like looking pregnant when you're a man HOOAH.

Making your entire force of soldiers look irrevocably retarded is Army Strong.

Moral waivers and second chances are both Army Strong.

Not keeping personal accountability and being a late shitbag is Army Strong.

Not knowing how to be an NCO when you are one is Army Strong.

Giving classes on how to fill out simple DA forms is Army Strong.

Chaining your profiles on malingering issues is Army Strong. Of course, the Army Values confirm that these injuries are indeed very real, because each soldier lives up to them.

Being an E1 with a CIB/CAB/CMB and/or combat patch is Army Strong.

Not throwing shitty soldiers in jail for being absolute fuckups is Army Strong.

I'll add more as they come along. I'm becoming more convinced that my organization is a joke as the days roll by.

2. saosko

saosko OT Supporter

Haha :wtf: I thought there were weight restrictions?

3. origin unknown

origin unknown OT Supporter

Chill out the fuck out.

Why don't you fucking make a difference in those who are your peers or subordinate to you. Yeah granted I get it that the Army lets its shitbags malinger around and paperwork against them is fought tooth and nail since its the units fault that they are fuck ups... HOWEVER there are ways to motivate and lead young soldiers.

1. How fucking good are you at PT? Can you smoke the fuck out of them without sucking yourself? Or if you are sucking can you give the impression that it dosn't phase you...

2. What is your job... If so you do you try to be the SME and train soldiers on all level 1 skill tasks and give them lessons.

3. Don't give up. Taking this mentality to work each morning will only spread onto new Soldiers.

4. Have pride in every single fucking thing you do. DONT be afraid to hurt your buddies feelings if you see him cutting corners. Do everything to standard.

5. Instead of making a list of everything that pisses you off, use your anger to channel into constructive things. Go work out or something.

I know the Army as it stands now has some very deep seated issues but it's up to us to change it. Is it not? Stop bitching and be part of the solution.

4. Short Bus

Short Bus Beep beep!

Having a negative attitude is quite possibly the worst thing you can do to your fellow soldiers.

5. Julius

Julius Guest

Well, I want to get one thing out of the way: My aforementioned feelings NEVER tie into work. To be more exact, I don't really have feelings at work. My guys know that we're there to get a job done and gtfo each day.

6. Julius

Julius Guest

As stated before, my attitude never ties into work. I'm not one of those shitbag, "I WANT TO ETS" E4s that you see around.

7. Short Bus

Short Bus Beep beep!

:cool:

I learned that particular lesson the hard way.

I don't think there's anything wrong with venting/bitching/complaining/whatever. But there is a time and place... I guess you know that though.

8. The Weasel

The Weasel Lakers, Packers, Flyers, Backpacking, Halo Crew OT Supporter

I was never that guy, until they kept pushing the issue of re-enlisting. That's probably the part that got me the most. Them telling me that everyone says that, and that I would re-enlist eventually. I hate when people assume when I say something I don't mean it.

9. The Weasel

The Weasel Lakers, Packers, Flyers, Backpacking, Halo Crew OT Supporter

Julius, I was like you. Just try and avoid the slackers and do your job to the standard. Do your job, keep in shape, and train proficiently, your superiors will notice. Believe me, just try and have fun.

10. geekboy

geekboy Target Agent OT Supporter

That fat ass is probably in the reserve/national guard

11. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

om nom nom nom!

The Army trying to be hip, trendy, and constantly trying to reshape/change its image, where the fuck did it all come from/start with? Are they that confused?

Be all you can be. Then it was Army of One, now it's Army Strong. The Marine Corps changed their cammies, then all the other services had to follow suit and change theirs. The Army took it further and gave everyone a beret. So much for the Green Berets being unique in appearance.

Do you guys even wear a dress uniform anymore? I remember years ago seeing Army recruiters wearing their dress uniform all the time. Now I just see all army personnel, even recruiters in utilities all the time.

I liked that green uniform better than the new blue uniform you guys have. Green coat, green trousers, and the light green shirt. Also, who rates to wear that yellow stripe and what does it stand for?

Is your dress uniform basically the same as your Class A service uniform?

12. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

wow thats an old pic, that guy is probably dead by now

13. Julius

Julius Guest

Exactly. We need to lose that image.

Yup, recruiters still wear the dress blue uniform. I'm usually in my Class As for a ceremony/board every few months.

bars on the left sleeve are for 3 years of service each. bars on the right sleeve are given for each 6 months of service in a combat zone.

the green uniform (Class A uniform) is going out the door in lieu of the new army service uniform. it's a hybrid of the class a uniform and current dress blues. i think it becomes mandatory in 2011-2012.

new soldiers only receive the green uniform - the current dress blue uniform is generally worn by SNCOs and officers. i think the army service uniform will be issued starting in 2010.

14. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

Every few months? I remember seeing Army recruiters wearing the service uniform everyday.

I meant the stripe on the trousers. Your uniforms are really confusing, too much shit on them. Oh and wearing boots & blousing with the Dress/Service uniform is so :greddy:
    [​IMG]

So the the new service uniform(Class A) is basically the same thing as the new Dress Blue uniform?

WTF is up with this? :ugh: :mamoru:

[​IMG]

15. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

This just looked so much better.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

16. Short Bus

Short Bus Beep beep!

When did they phase this out? :confused: I saw an Army officer walking around wearing something new and I thought he was a foreign officer. I like the old uniforms better.

17. Julius

Julius Guest

Recruiters wear their dress uniforms on certain days and whenever there's a ceremony/presentation.

The black stripes on the trousers are for officers in the class A uniform and the yellow stripes on the dress blues/army service uniform are for NCOs and officers.

They fucked up on this new uniform by allowing soldier input. It's pretty much a bastardized version of our dress blues. I like the amount of shit we have on our uniform though. It lets you know a lot about the career of whoever's wearing it. Sadly, most of this stuff only worked with the old khakis and the current greens. Boot blousing is a big deal to non-leg units (and air assault). The 82nd/101st would have a pussyfit if they couldn't blouse their boots.

That female wearing the funny hat is a drill sergeant, believe it or not. But yeah, the Class A uniform works and it shouldn't change.

18. Short Bus

Short Bus Beep beep!

I'm so happy Air Force uniforms are relatively simple when compared to the other services. I've only got two things to be concerned about... my ABU's, and my blues. I don't mind that my service dress is bland in comparison.

19. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

That's a DS??

The Army, and Air Force for that matter, have had some nice uniforms in the past. They just keep changing their shit and try to be different/modern, and fuck up shit in the process.

General Eisenhower
    [​IMG]

General Westmoreland
    [​IMG]

General Shelton seen here with Army White Dress uniform.
    [​IMG]

Here is an Air Force uniform of the past.
    This is General Vandenberg.
    [​IMG]

I like the new Navy uniforms as well.
    Here's Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Admiral Mike Mullen.
    [​IMG]

Here's an old school "gray khaki" service uniform.
    [​IMG]

Navy pilots used a version of the Marine Corps green service uniform back in the day too.
    [​IMG]

The Marine Corps has stuck with the same traditional uniform all along. There used to be a summer khaki service uniform, but now only the green service A uniform is used.
    [​IMG]

The Marine dress whites were dropped a few years ago. Now we have the Marine Dress Blue/Whites(salt&pepper) worn by the Silent Drill Team,SNCO's and Officers and other Marines as prescribed by their command.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

20. ethannv

ethannv :fawk: OT Supporter

lowcut > jump boots for wearing with class A. true story

21. Short Bus

Short Bus Beep beep!

I 100% agree with this statement. For a while Air Force leadership was so focused on differentiating us from the Army that it got really stupid. Then they would get silly about pushing us to be proud of our "Air Force heritage."

Like the dumbshit push in 1998 to get us to stop saying "hoorah!" or "hua!" but instead "airpower!" I can't believe anybody took that seriously.

Um... our heritage includes the Army, right? So we're only supposed to be proud of our heritage from 18 Sep 1947 to this day? :confused:

22. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

You mean that cheap looking business suit/airline pilot uniform?? I only wore mine once and then stuffed it at the bottom of a seabag with all my other uniforms that I never used. Only ever wore a flight suit ftw. Glad I'm back in the Corps. ;)

[​IMG]

Now they're trying to be more like the Marine Corps. :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

23. Short Bus

Short Bus Beep beep!

The problem here is that there are only so many different decent looking military designs. If one service has it and we don't, I don't see the shame in using it as an inspiration for our own uniforms.

Also, the Air Force has been trying to change it's service dress for many years now.

I also don't think the current Air Force service dress looks that bad, even if it's pretty bland. If anything it suffers from being made of really cheap materials. Post a picture of it in better lighting and it looks alright.