MIL Army nurse

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by solarsrt4, Feb 18, 2010.

1. solarsrt4

solarsrt4 New Member

Anyone know any? I have an old friend who just messaged me about thinking about becoming an army nurse. Are they on the same deployment cycles as every other Army personnel? Any info at all would be appreciated.

2. Taylor Swift

Taylor Swift New Member

Don't want to deploy? Don't join the military.

3. tan koi

tan koi Guest

idk. as for deployments: nobody knows, it depends on the unit

4. Raisedshoulder

Raisedshoulder Some Blode.

I'm going for an army nurse through ROTC. Does your friend have a BSN? That is required for the army.

5. solarsrt4

solarsrt4 New Member

she has had some nursing schooling already. she has a degree in some kind of medical career field but the name eludes me right now. its not medicine i think its accounting or some shit, i forgot. anyways she wants to go back to school to get her degree but if there's a way for the army to pay for it that's one of the main reasons she wants to join.

She didn't say she didn't want to deploy, in fact that was one of the first things i talked to her about. I was just wondering if anyone knew if they did things a little differently than the rest of the Army.

6. nolecdt

nolecdt New Member

I know an Army nurse who was delivering babies in Germany. She was hit by an IED a few weeks ago in Afghanistan and has been in the hospital since then. Answer your question?

7. Gaunt

Gaunt blood for the blood god OT Supporter

who? she got to fsu with us?

8. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

My sister is an Army Nurse (1LT). She went through the nursing program and ROTC at a nearby state school.

She has always been in MEDDAC and went to the OB/GYN Nursing class in Hawaii. She has been in for 2.5 years now and hasn't heard anything about deployments. One of her ROTC instructors asked if she wanted to come to the CSH instead and go with them on their Iraq rotation. Otherwise, she hasn't heard anything since she's assigned to the hospital.

If you have any other questions, I can forward them on to her.

9. solarsrt4

solarsrt4 New Member

No that doesn't. So she was stationed in Germany and then got deployed to Afgan? How long was she suppose to be in Afgan? Was she a Combat Nurse or something? I ask because i'm wondering how she got hit by an IED, I'm under the presumption Nurses stay in the base at the hospital.

This is a little more helpful. You think your sister would be open to my friend emailing her and them chatting about this?

10. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

That is probably more an exception than the norm.

She's cool with that. PM me for her email.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010