MIL Army NG not accepting prior service?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by SuperMaWiiOH, Mar 6, 2008.

1. SuperMaWiiOH

SuperMaWiiOH New Member

I talked to a Guard recruiter about a month ago after a negative experience with a Reserve recruiter. I have an RE Code 2C and the Guard recruiter explained to me what I needed to do to get in, some of which included getting letters from people about my character and such. I called the recruiter today to let him know I didn't forget about anything and that I'm working on getting it all completed. It's taking time because I have a lot of other stuff going on right now.

My recruiter told me that currently he was told they are not accepting RE Codes, he didn't say which one(s), but for me to get him the stuff anyways and he will put it on standby. Has anyone heard about this? I can't imagine the Army of all branches not letting people enlist, considering they have dropped their requirements for enlistment and they are practically begging people to join. Thoughts?

2. thekinggovernor

thekinggovernor OT Supporter

why weren't you allowed to re-up?

3. SuperMaWiiOH

SuperMaWiiOH New Member

I asked another recruiter about the situation and they said the same thing. They said as of yesterday no prior service can join at least in the Ohio Army National Guard, I don't know how many people are affected by this.

4. tattooed_sailor

tattooed_sailor New Member

You should not have issues

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]RE-2C - Individuals who were fully qualified when last separated. However, reenlistment not authorized at time of separation under reenlistment control policy. Civilian: fully qualified for enlistment.[/FONT]

5. fixmefixmyhead

fixmefixmyhead Well-Known Member

thats weird. my friend enlisted last month in NYARNG and he is prior marine corps

6. SuperMaWiiOH

SuperMaWiiOH New Member

I've been on the NG forums talking about it. It's apparently just for Ohio. Must be tons of prior service that need waivers getting into the Guard.