MIL Army Guys Question

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Avenger97, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Avenger97

Avenger97 New Member

Hey Guys.. long time lurker on OT but have a but of a military question , and thought you guys would be the ones to go go..

ok , seeing a girl , who got a divorce , husband was an army ranger, and left with a dishonorable discharge (guy became a cop on a local PD, then got fired from that for domestic abuse on his wife, my new GF) .. fast forward to now.. she had a restraining order on him , judge dropped it , as he says he cant get in the Guard with an active RO..

however i thought once u got a Dishonorable .. thats it your done , and they never take you back ??

can you guys shed a lil light on how it works ?

2. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

sounds like a shady ass story to me

3. Emanon

Emanon Active Member

If he was charged with domestic abuse I'm pretty sure the Lautenberg Amendment will keep him out.

Army. Career effectively over. A soldier is flagged, barred from reenlistment, prohibited from attending schools or deploying, and ultimately is supposed to be separated within 12 months. Army Regulation 600-20, Army Command Policy, para. 4-23(d).

http://www.military-divorce-guide.com/lautenberg-amendment.htm

4. Avenger97

Avenger97 New Member

Thanks man.. appreciate the help.. reason i asked.. he his giving her a hard time , saying he cant pick up the children for visitation because he has a 1/2 day of guard duty on saturday.. again , i was under the impression that its was only done in full days.. and not just half days..

anyway.. guy is pretty much a loser.. tries to get in my face all the time when we pick up or drop off the kids.. but i generally ignore him..no reason to get all crazy , esp with the kids around

5. Blackfox

Blackfox Active Member

Yea this doesn't sound right at all. He's probably just lying about all of it. You can get an other then honorable changed to honorable but you can't do that with a dishonorable. Just keep ignoring him.

6. Gatsby

Gatsby New Member

I bet he's not even a ranger.

7. tan koi

tan koi Guest

so many faggots claim shit like this

8. geekboy

geekboy Target Agent OT Supporter

Dishonorable discharge is an automatic DQ for law enforcement job.

story doesn't add up

9. kstack34

kstack34 Its the sound of freedom

U sure its a dishonorable? could be an other then honorable. they dont hand out Dishonorable too often for the fact that it ruins just about any type of future career

10. kazimer

kazimer New Member

i always thought dishonorable and BCD ended up with a prison sentence :dunno:
    I am thinking the discharge is OTH for the reasons you stated

11. MrRyan

MrRyan Gary Johnson 2016 OT Supporter

More than likely wasn't any of the above and was a simple bar to reenlistment with a bad reup code.

12. Avenger97

Avenger97 New Member

this is what im tending to believe.. since i happened to see his car this weekend.. and he's running Veteran plates..and im pretty sure you wont be getting those with a dishonorable.

anyway.. thanks for all the help and info guys.. definitly appricate what yall do every day.. unfortunatly this guy is just a cockmucher..lol