MIL Army EOD

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Swoop411, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Swoop411

Swoop411 New Member

I am in the process of going active once again and I am going to ask for EOD in the Army. So does anyone here have any info? I read the cookie-cutter info available online but it doesnt tell me much of what I want to know. I was wondering about the school and daily activities once in the fleet....errr...field...whatever. I am prior service and it seems like I have to work twice as hard to get back in!

2. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

BOOM!!!!!
    lc

3. kidhero

kidhero not really a hero, really just a big fat phony

Ka Boom

4. aftershock-

aftershock- rawr -.-

expect to be deployed a lot..

5. The Weasel

The Weasel Lakers, Packers, Flyers, Backpacking, Halo Crew OT Supporter

ask for the bonus. They are getting mad money.

6. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

You will go through the Warrior Transition Course when you join. This will be about 5 weeks of a tamed-down basic training welcome to the Army course for prior service. It is held at Fort Sill, OK, and White Sands Missile Range, NM, and run by the National Guard. There is a forum at military.com dedicated to WTC discussion. I went through it when it was run by active duty Infantry Drill SGTs at Fort Knox. It is much easier now, but you will get more hands-on with more weapons and a more realistic environment (WSMR is definitely a desert environment).

I can't help you with EOD.

Congratulations on your decision to go Army. If you don't make it through EOD, go for 21B MOS (Combat Engineer). You'll still get to blow shit up. :bigthumb:

7. Swoop411

Swoop411 New Member

Even prior service Marine Corps has to do that? Not complaining, just wondering. If I cant get EOD I am going to shoot for Cav Scout. I dont mind deploying alot, I would actually rather stay deployed than go stir crazy in garrison! I have an 11B MOS in the National Guard, if I went active as a 19D (Cav Scout) would they let me OJT the MOS or am I forced to go to a formal school?

8. MrRyan

MrRyan Gary Johnson 2016 OT Supporter

Man you're asking a lot of personally specific questions! :bigthumb: Most of these questions are going to have answers that are specific to you and you alone and many of wouldn't have the expertise to handle them. That being said, sounds like you know exactly what you want.

9. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

Okay. this is good info. My previous post would have been different if I had known this.

Marines do not have to go through WTC. You can sign up and go straight to AIT. EOD is a high demand MOS, so if you want it all you have to do is ask. If you fail the course, the Army will either pick another MOS for you or allow you to revert to your 11B MOS. My guess is that you will become an 11B if you fail out of EOD, since 11B's are also in high demand.

10. Swoop411

Swoop411 New Member

Thanks for the info. Im not even entertaining the thought of failure. I guess it would be good to know what would happen *if* I dont make it through. Now I am just playing the waiting game and trying to make up my mind.

11. IEDJunky

IEDJunky Member

NAVSCOLEOD is a joint service school located at Eglin AFB about an hour east of Pensacola. The school is seven months long (for some longer). The school is broken down into seperate sections (recon, ground ord, air ord, IEDs, etc...). The golden rule at school is "When in Mickey's palace, you have to play by Mickey's rules". You don't have to be a warrior monk, but your ass better be going to study hall or you won't keep up.

P.S. Yes, there are "mad" bonuses for EOD but you'll earn every fucking penny, especially if the Talon shits the bed!