MIL Army Aviation Warrent Officer Questions

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by JL, May 27, 2005.

1. JL

JL Wander-er OT Supporter

Anyone have any information on life as a warrent officer in the Army? I've been considering applying for some time now but I've been having a hard time finding anyone who has any experience with them. (Except for recruiters, which I generally don't trust)
    Thanks,

2. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

My Grandfather was a flying Warrant Officer, as was my father. My wifes father also was a Warrant Officer. I was going to apply for the Warrant Officer flight program in the Army, but procrastinated and was disqualified due to age. Anyways what do you want to know?

3. Whoflungpoo

Whoflungpoo BlooRly!?

My father retired as a CW-4 after ~ 23 years in the Army. W
    as an Aviation Safety officer, and flew CH47's.

Shoot me some questions and I'll pass them by him.

4. JL

I'm curious about the day to day life in the Army as a warrent officer. I know its pretty broad, but I'm not quite sure where to start.

5. brackac

Being a Warrant Officer is the best rank in the military. Warrant Officers are pretty much left alone by the other ranks. They get the pay of an officer, and the respect of the enlisted. They receive the best training, and are subject matter experts in the career field. Warrant Officers are also offered education plans that the enlisted and officer corp do not receive.

6. brackac

What type of warrant officer do you want to be? A pilot, or a technical warrant ( also known as walking warrants )?

7. JL

I want to be a pilot. I'm currently in the Air Guard, thought I wanted to fly jets but after being deployed I have a new found respect for helos:bowdown:

8. Accord

Accord New Member

Warrant Officers fly on average something like 75-100 more hours per year than regular commissioned officers.

9. Whoflungpoo

Whoflungpoo BlooRly!?

tis true, I never remember my dad worrying about getting enough hours to stay rated.

also, They are tasked with mastering certain skillsets, as opposed to managing troops like full officers.