arms wont get big

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by TomBrady, Feb 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TomBrady

TomBrady New Member

hey guys,
    i have been working out for a while now and i dont see much gains AT ALL with my arms [tris, and biceps especially]
    i know its my fault for not eating/working out consistently but i feel that very little progress is made and if i skip out on a week of working out, my muscles shrink dramatically back to where i started. i am 6'0 150 pounds which is very underweight i know. i have been doing bi curls and seated dumbell repps for my inner bis. any ideas on how i can make my arms bigger faster? i found that pull up bar exercises made the biggest difference in terms of size

2. nrgyserboy

nrgyserboy New Member

6 feet and 150 lbs? Good grief, you aren't eating enuff. Keep eating and eating and eating. Eat everywhere you go... even while you take a crap.

3. TomBrady

TomBrady New Member

yeah ive heard this and i would be good with eating for a bout a month before i get lazy or sick. this is usually the case for a few years now. i would either get lazy or get sick which causes me to drop weight FAST putting me where i started. im having trouble eating and gaining weight. :420: does not help much either. ive been trying to drink shakes more than ever but i feel like it just makes me feel sick and cause me to be full for the rest of the day

4. nrgyserboy

nrgyserboy New Member

Being lazy is your fault... If you wanna get bigger, you gotta put more effort into it. As for getting sick... yeah I'm going through the same thing. I'm getting sick of the taste of fish, eggs, and protein shakes but seeing the weight increase and my body slowly transform is rewarding. Try experimenting with different shakes and food til you find something you can stomaach.

5. grimstone

grimstone magic murda bag OT Supporter

6 feet 150 stfu up about your arms you think you are gonna have 20 in arms at 150

6. Thoth

Thoth OT Supporter

stop thinking of food as a luxury and more as a fuel. then you will have less trouble realising goals. then if you do get sick you will be more inclined to make yourself eat even if your not "hungry" per se.

7. RICK RO$$

RICK RO$$ Active Member

just smoke weed every day bro

8. patt

patt New Member

masturbate wit both hands

9. zackflavored

zackflavored KingShit's Post #55!

if you want to be a 170 lb guy with huge arms, start eating like one. I'm a skinny mother fucker also but trust me, the only thing that'll get you stronger is consistency. You want your body to become adapted to the size you want to be, if you stop your progress, your bodys going to revert to whats "natural" for it.

10. Ep

Ep Guest

truth, in fact try to look at it as stages. I used to be 130 pounds all through my teenage years. When I decided to start working out, I ate like a beast and gained 30 pounds. Eventually, I got tired of eating 5k calories a day and working out (took up too much of my time), so I started eating like a normal human being and stopped working out. I lost a good amount of weight, but I never left 140-145, even when I was in france for a week and probably ate about 1k calories a day and burning 3k walking all day. Just keep slowly gaining and making sure you keep it and your body will gain muscle and you will maintain some of the new size

11. themolsen

themolsen New Member

Get serious man. You can't be taking long breaks from the gym and eating poorly. Eat 3000+ calories a day, 150g+ protein. Eat hard, lift hard, rest hard. You'll do fine, but you gotta get SERIOUS and commit.

12. deuceforty

deuceforty between rupture and rapture

OP wants to look like this guy
    [​IMG]

13. JeremyD

JeremyD New Member

THIS

Work your way up to 200lbs at <15% bf and then if you don't have any arms come back and ask for help.

14. Cumstang02

Cumstang02 New Member

Who doesn't?

15. Frank Dux

Frank Dux Guest

your problem is you weigh 150lbs

16. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

17. Adom

Adom OT Supporter

just quit.

you don't want it bad enough. so don't even half ass it. just quit working out and deal with with your size. it will be easier for you, and you'll convince yourself in the mirror that your happy faster than trying to make any gains with your attitude.

18. fatcow

fatcow OT Supporter

oh, i thought you were concerned with the other 4 muscles in your arms

:hsugh:

19. quamen

quamen New Member

First off your diet is going to be more critical then your workout routine. You can workout till your about to puke, but without the proper nutrtion to feed your body and let it grow, your not going to make the gain. You say you have a hard time with eating and staying consistent,you have to make it part of your daily routine. I was actually 6'2" 150 lbs so i know where you are coming from. I had some of the skinniest arms ever scene, about the same size of my forearms at the time. You need to start eating smaller more frequent meals and your body will actually continue to want more food, as you continue to eat more food. Back at 150 lbs, i used to eat a small breakfast and dinner for my days meal, and that is all i required. Now i eat small meals every 2-3 hours, because my body has accustomed to getting some much food per day, that is the only way i can function correctly and feel okay.

First stop focusing on getting your biceps big, because you want to get your whole body proportional to everything else. I see to many guys who have chicken legs doing curls everyday, when they should be just maintaining there arms and hitting legs to bring them up to par. You need a solid routine that is going to give each body part all your energy and devotion so everything grows together and complete (increasing size proportionally as much as possible, some muscles will grow easier then others due to some factors like genetics.

Consistency. Something that it doesn't seem like you have. You have to be consistent in your workout routines, and make it apart of your everyday activities or whenever you train during the week. Write it in your schedule or whatever you have to do, to make time to get your training in.

Patience. I am assuming you do not know much about training in general, but to actually put no quality muscle it takes alot of dedication and patience in order to see results. I believe that is why many people quit, because it doesnt happen overnight so give yourself time to achieve the mental image that you project of yourself.

Do what works for you. I feel to many people say my routine is the best, do this routine etc. Everyone's body is totally unique, that you have to listen and feel how your body is responding to the workouts. What works for you, will not work for your body, but maybe another friend. What i am saying, experiment to see what type of training your body requires in order to maximize your time lifting in order to get results as quick as possible.

I feel this sport is something you want to be either fully committed to, or dont bother even getting into it seriously. It takes really 24/hrs a day 7 days a week of your life, if you want achieve a very great physique. The dieting, sleeping, training, recovery and other aspects are involved in order to reach your goals.

Try not to give up and keep on pushing yourself to the next step. There is alot of good advice on this forum, but many people are very immature and you might not find alot of the answers to the questions you have in your head. I would consider reading some articles, books and gaining more knowledge for yourself in order to familiarize yourself with the steps needed in order to change your body and build your confidence.

20. fatmoocow

fatmoocow bored OT Supporter

squats, deadlifts, and calories for big arms

21. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Anti-gravity curls.

/ thread

22. TomBrady

TomBrady New Member

thanks, good info.
    as for my workout routine, when i am on top of things, it looks like this
    mon: chest
    tues: back sometimes shoulders
    wed biceps tri's
    thurs legs/ or shoulder day
    fri: rest
    sat sun: rest

i tend to drink shakes before/after working out
    currently just drinking 2 scoops of muscle milk + soy milk
    and i eat a small meal after. the problem is i usually lose my appetite after i workout and after i drink my shake. once i bite into my food i just feel like throwing up.
    i should also sleep more and cut back on alcohol intake as i do that almost everyday. sleep 4-5 hours a day
    drink a lot

23. jonno

jonno New Member

:bowdown:

24. TomBrady

TomBrady New Member

any pics?
    how do i do this

couldnt find it on google

25. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

Something that is very effective usually are kept in secret.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.