GUN Armed standoff between West Palm Beach customer, store workers ends in arrest

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Apr 30, 2008.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Armed standoff between West Palm Beach customer, store workers ends in arrest
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/palmbeach/sfl-429storestandoff,0,1376760.story
    By Jerome Burdi | South Florida Sun-Sentinel
    10:55 AM EDT, April 29, 2008

WEST PALM BEACH - Memo to shoppers: Next time Mr. Whipple tells you to stop squeezing the Charmin, pay attention. He might be packing heat.

A West Palm Beach man pulled out a gun in an argument with two supermarket managers, who then whipped out their own guns, police said Tuesday.

The man fired into the store and at one of the managers, but no one was injured, police said.

Marshall Grant, 72, is charged with attempted murder, shooting in an occupied building, aggravated assault and carrying a concealed firearm in connection with the 5 p.m. Monday incident at the IGA Supermarket at 1000 36th St.

Police said the problem started when store manager Marino Hernandez shouted at Grant that he was walking into the store through the wrong doors.

The men got into an argument, and when Hernandez told Grant he should take his business elsewhere, Grant pulled out a revolver, police said.

An assistant manager, Roberto Espinal pulled out his gun and pointed it at Grant, police said.

As Grant backed out of the store, Hernandez also pulled a gun, police said.

Grant fired three shots into the store, which had several customers inside, according to authorities.

Hernandez yelled at Grant to drop the gun.

Instead, Grant got behind a car and pointed his gun. He shot again, this time at Hernandez, police said.

Hernandez did not return fire, police said.

The two managers got on either side of Grant and told him to drop the gun because police were on their way. He did.

"They have a right to protect their business and themselves," police Capt. Pat Maney said. "They showed great restraint by not firing back ... That store has been robbed several times."

---

I would of shot back if the old fuck shot at me :o

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

so where the two managers legally allowed to conceal carry?

3. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Being it said nothing about them getting arrested I would assume they had valid permits :dunno:

4. Shiva Chaos

Shiva Chaos i see boobies!

:o this was in the main forum :o

5. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

Obviously not Mr. Grant :mamoru:

Maybe Florida is diff..... but in Oregon you can only legally carry concealed w/o a permit at work if you are the owner. Management doesn't count.

6. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I don't venture into main often anymore, have they blamed the managers in that thread yet?

7. Shiva Chaos

Shiva Chaos i see boobies!

a :2008: did, but hoo boy did it go badly for him

8. Dumbstixlars

Dumbstixlars Ron Paul/AR-15/Glock/old car/Scooby/R/C croo OT Supporter

Link? I wanna see the chaos.

9. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

let's hope like hell that Grant, or perp, wasn't a CCW holder otherwise this is bad news for us... Good news if he wasn't.

As soon as the BG pulled a gun, I'd be drawing, shooting, and looking for cover.

10. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

he pulled a gun on them and they didn't fire? :ugh:

11. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

:werd:

Maybe its just my distrust of the news, but I kind of read it as they weren't arrested for carrying so they had a valid permit. However we do not want to actually say that anyone can get a permit, so we will leave out the permit bit.