MMA Arlovski, getting bored?

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by GSPFAN, Feb 2, 2006.

1. GSPFAN

GSPFAN New Member

Is it just me, or does it seem like everytime I see another UFC fight I see Arlovski sitting there in the crowd with a look of boredom on his face? :confused:

In my opinion, he is getting bored, all he has to look forward to is Sylvia again, WOW what a challenge.... :bash:

I think he could do exactly what Couture did, which it win the title at 2 weight classes. Do you all think Arlovski has the skills it would take to come down and fight in the LHW division? I think it might give us better fights at that division and then UFC can slowly rid themselves of the boring HW class they have put together. I don't know, just my opinions so please share your thoughts.

2. GSPFAN

GSPFAN New Member

:werd:

3. RMarks

RMarks New Member

He usually fights at 230ish doesn't he? He could probably cut that if he wanted to. He'd probably destroy the LHWs like he has the HWs.

4. FlyingNun

FlyingNun Active Member

no way Arlovski would make it to LHW...and it would be pointless for him...couture did it because the competition was too advanced at HW...not the case with arlovski

5. GSPFAN

GSPFAN New Member

:bsflag: :nuts: :mb: :typer:

That is the dumbest thing I have EVER heard. Sorry but that comment can't even pass as a joke.

6. FlyingNun

FlyingNun Active Member

:ugh: ...wtf are you talking about...couture was getting beat by bigger stronger wrestlers...he couldn't be champion of HW division...care to explain yourself?

7. DOHChi

DOHChi New Member

arlovski was offered a lot of money by dse to come and fight for pride. i hope he takes it.

also, chuck has said he might fight hw also

8. GSPFAN

GSPFAN New Member

There is nothing to explain other then where you are coming up with this bogus info. Don't speak for a fighter. Couture got beat 2 times in 2002 by Ricco Rodriguez and Josh Barnett and if you think that is why he left HW then that is what some call "speculation". He was supposed to fight Arlovski before the first time he fought Liddell but Arlovski broke his hand and they offered him a fight with Chuck instead at LHW. He took it because he wanted a fight with a big name guy like Chuck PLUS prior to his 97 debut to the UFC he had always wrestled under 200 pounds. After he beat Chuck they instantly wanted him to take on another big name, Tito Ortiz. It wasn't that he was getting beat up at heavyweight, it was a last minute change that became an oppertunity and brought his confidence back. He fought Belfort, the former HW champ and beat him too, so if he was a punk at HW he should have never been able to beat Belfort the 2nd time. Anyways, I see your point, it is valid but only speculation. Realty was a change of fate and it turned out for the better. Why would he go back to heavyweight when he is doing just fine dominating LHW again?

9. FlyingNun

FlyingNun Active Member

maybe fedor should drop down to LHW and conquer that weight class too :rolleyes:

10. Yardsale

Yardsale OT Supporter

:nx:

11. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

there was some video bashing arlovski on youtube.com... ill try to get it

12. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

he's naturally built too much to move down to LHW

13. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

i don't think chuck should move to HW, although more HWs aren't as well-rounded, so he might have an advantage in that regard