MMA Arlovski Crew

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by GreatDeceiver, Oct 27, 2006.

1. GreatDeceiver

GreatDeceiver OT Supporter

www.arlovski.tv

"Andrei is getting geared up for UFC 66 on December 30th where he will start his trek to champion status against Marcio Cruz..."

:bowdown:

Personally, it's been entirely too long since I've seen The Pitbull fight and the Bitter Rivals match was just a crushing disappointment. Regardless, he has always been and still is my favorite UFC hw and I'm sure that when he steps into the Octagon at UFC 66 he will have that same intensity and drive that brought him the belt in the past. I'm sure he learned to not play anyone else's game but his own, and he will go in there like a beast.

My prediction is as follows: UFC 65 Monson takes the belt. UFC 66 Arlovski beats Cruz with a sub early round 2. By the time 70 rolls around, he'll have his belt back. I'm not a bandwagoneer and my faith in AA has never faltered even after his last two losses. Seems though that most people have already disregarded him as a hw force. Can't wait till The Pitbull proves me right :o

Thoughts?

2. jag6984

jag6984 New Member

As much as I want Monson to win, I doubt he will. Tim is admittedly good at knocking people out, and his reach advantage is rediculous.

An interesting match would be Vera/Arlovski for the belt though.

3. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

yeah you know the UFC wants the belt away from silvia so they can get it back to AA. He is the poster boy they need for the HW division. I like him I dont think he is that great but he is good enough for the UFC.

Was there ever a real explanation of the leg/foot/whatever injury he got in the silvia fight?

4. GSPFAN

GSPFAN New Member

Your almost right on the money, same ending just round two. Cruz will be able to handle 1 round of Arlovski beating while he attempted his take downs and gasses. Round 2 Arlovski will keep his distance and put him on the mat with strikes.

Hey, someone should be writing this stuff down, these predictions are worth a lot of money if you follow my picks haha :naughty:

5. GSPFAN

GSPFAN New Member

UFC HW division is crap in comparison to the rest of the world, Sylvia is not an amazing striker, but good enough to hang with what he has been fighting against. Monson will be another story. No time for punches here cause this bulldog (Monson) is going to strait bumrush his ass to the mat!

6. Shrug

Shrug Die in a Kimbo fight

monson will lose to sylvia. if monson loses to forest hell lose to sylvia.

7. GreatDeceiver

This would be the obvious choice, but I disagree. This fight, even against a 2-1 fighter, is really important to AA and I think he'll feel him out with controlled striking for a while. I feel like he'll resort to his Sambo expertise to end with a knee bar or ankle lock. Either way its just semantics, as long as the win is Arlovski's.

8. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

he lost to forrest in 2002, that was a long time ago.

9. GreatDeceiver

Fair enough. I didn't look into his background too much but now that I have his JJ accomplishments are quite impressive :o