Argh I can't believe I'm gonna post in here

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by RotorBalls, Nov 28, 2007.

1. RotorBalls

RotorBalls Gonz

I haven't been in this forum in many years. Anyway, say I'm with a girl and have been with her for about 6 months. She's a bit younger but at 22 would think she'd be a bit more mature. I'm starting to pick at the qualities in her that I don't like. There are other things but I'll stick to one subject

I know I know, love is blind. Hell things are great when we're together. I guess I'll get to the point. I don't like the fact that she smokes. By smoking I not only mean cigarettes but her excessive use of pot. She gets high every day and can't go more than a couple days without it and prefers to smoke everyday. I know what it's like to get high, I used to every once in a while but for me it was a weekend party thing to do. I didn't depend on it to get through my day. Her reasonings for using all the time is that it helps her concentrate and focus with her school :mb: I'm sorry but when her and her bad influence sister spend more than 100 a week on shit between the two of them I think it's a bit out of control. Loading bowl after bowl of bong hits. It's just immature in my mind and kind of annoying. I don't wanna be around it anymore. I'm way past that phase of my life.

I guess I'm thinking she'll grow out of it but I don't see her slowing down or stopping any time soon. Sometimes I feel like, "What have I got myself into" with this girl. I want to be with her but I don't want to be with her habit. :confused: I don't really know what I'm asking for here, maybe just ranting. There's prob not a lot of advice one can give. Either get out of the relationship or put up with it cuz you knew what you were getting into. :hs:

2. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Ask yourself if you want to allow people who do those things into your life.

3. ware_ru

ware_ru I know, I know, I'm amazing

put up with it or get out of the relationship? how about... oh... GROW A PAIR OF FUCKING ROTOR BALLS AND NIX IT OUT. You don't like something in the girl? YOU ARE THE MAN IN THE RELATIONSHIP, RIGHT? Ok, NIX IT THE FUCK OUT. YOU are in control dude, you are the man. Your fucking rules dude because you have a line of other girls wanting your cock and if she doesn't conform to what you want then she subconsciously knows that she is out (right? you do have a line of other girls strongly attracted to you and the ability to get even more, right? you're not in a relationship as a remedy for your lack of sexual options, right? right? ok good). get to work

4. RotorBalls

RotorBalls Gonz

well I've always told myself I'd never date a smoker and def not a pot head. You can't really choose who you fall in love with though. I want to be with her...

5. ware_ru

from your last post i now see that i was wrong. you are in fact in a relationship because you cannot get girls on a consistent basis. that is your problem, not that your gf smokes. that's not an insult. that's the truth

6. RotorBalls

RotorBalls Gonz

:rofl: True, she's very easily persuaded and wants to do me right. I just started bantering her about it today. I suppose if I keep on her she might do it for me

7. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

Either deal with it or get out. You knew what you were getting into when you started dating her so you can't expect her to change for you now. Btw weed effects everyone differently so don't assume she's doing it to "party" like you used to.

What ever happened with that chick who said you knocked her up anyway? :o

8. RotorBalls

RotorBalls Gonz

Oh but I could just as easily find someone new and she does fear that all the time. Super jealous insecure kinda girl, so I might be able to use this in my favor

9. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

Doesn't sound like it to me :dunno: If you wanted to be with her then you'd accept her for who she is. If she has qualities that make her not what you want then go find someone else.

10. RotorBalls

RotorBalls Gonz

:rofl: She was bluffing and played the part well :dunno: Faked her abortion and everything :mamoru:

11. RotorBalls

RotorBalls Gonz

There's only two things about her I don't like and this is one of them. The other is very important too but I again just attribute it to her being too young and she will change and come into her own. The girl can't even think for herself and make up her own mind. Meaning seeks others for advice on everything and can't make a decision for herself. Sometimes it's frustrating

12. BATMANs

BATMANs New Member

After dating a number of gals that have/do drugs, I've come to the conclusion that most of them are not worth it.

There's a certain mindset that leads to a rocky road.

13. RotorBalls

RotorBalls Gonz

Hmmm good advice thanks. Any suggestions on how to get her to point 1 that you noted?

14. boredmonk

boredmonk OT Supporter

chances are you are dating a girl that is out of your league. man up and fvck less attractive chicks or deal with it

15. ware_ru

viper you are, quite simply, wrong. you can make the girl stop doing shit just by telling her "no, stop doing it, i don't like it." that is, if you're the man. field tested, mother approved.

16. ware_ru

??? i have personally done it... and it has worked...
    ????

17. Tetragrammaton

Tetragrammaton New Member

A+ Viper

Your only option is to get yourself into a codependency program like Al-Anon and begin their program. Regardless of what others might say, you cannot "force" someone to stop their addictions (which is what this girl has). It has to be a volitional action on their part.

Talk with her family (if they know and you are comfortable with them), discuss codependency with them as well.

18. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

+1

19. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

anyone else find it weird that he doesnt even mention any negative effects of said pot smoking?

you can just tell women to stop things. If they like you enough they will make changes.

20. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

lol dump the pot head move on.

its not her sister that is the bad influence either. Bad influences dont exist. She is a poor decision maker. You dont want a poor decision maker in your life, it will add nothing long term.

What sucks is before you ask advice on this you knew you wanted to see how serious it got (6 mo.s).

Avoid users of all kind if possible. Cocaines a helluva drug.

21. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

yea you cant get them to stop this way. lol.

regardless of what anyone says people are psychologically addicted to pot, not physiologically. Telling them to quit doesnt work.

the only way MANY people stop is by getting arrested and having to take drug tests. Others just outgrow it. But no one just stops because someone politely tells them "Please quit"

22. RotorBalls

RotorBalls Gonz

Well I have talked to her about it she's told me she does it to help focus and concentrate. Kind of an ADD thing for her but then there's the times where she does it in excess. I've told her how I feel about it and the negatives. The last time I brought it up she quickly said something stupid like "All my friends do it." Fuck I had a hayday with that one calling her a lemming who can't think for herself. Anyway yeah that wasn't helpful but I can't believe she even said that. Spoken like a true loser. She says she doesn't have to smoke much when she's with or around me often but it's still daily as far as I can tell. she may be moving in with me in the future and I can only see the problems this will bring on. I don't want her doing it in my home and if I give her an inch she'll take a mile

23. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

Well, it sounds like this is a dealbreaker then. If you really want to continue this, you will just have to tell her if she is going to move in with you she is going to have to give up the pot, and if she agrees and then regresses then you are going to have to dump her (DON'T SAY THE SECOND PART, it's just facts, and it should be implied anyway).

Also honestly evaluate your own fortitude and the likelihood of her quitting and staying quit before you even get that far. There may be nothing for it but to end it right here.

24. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

why would you have the girl move in with you if youre not even sure you want to BE with her because you cant stand her dirty, stinking obsession? seems like a bad place to go, since moving in will only amplify the problems of your relationship, not fix them. hold off until you settle this for good, and if youre not comfortable with the smoking thing, thats your prerogative-- you dont have to change your own ideals to accomodate her.

25. Abomb

Abomb New Member

i needed to hear this again :bowdown:

can we get this stickied? :x: