GUN argh, frustrating!

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by jeri534, Jun 26, 2008.

1. jeri534

jeri534 OT Supporter

So Ive had my Glock 19 for a few weeks now, and Ive put about 500 rounds down range I cant seem to break this problem Im having.

So if I shoot 1" dots at 5 yards slow fire, I can easily put them into the dots no problem. But if I shoot regular 6-10" targets from 7-10 yards my groups are really good about 1-2" groups but they are 1-2" to the left. This is with slow bullseye shooting, but if I shoot rapidly, even only 1-2 shots per second pretty much all my shots hit center. I know its a mental thing, I just cant break it!

I guess more ball & dummy drills tomorrow...

2. jeri534

jeri534 OT Supporter

Today I told myself to totally focus on that front sight and follow through no matter what, and I found my shots were almost all to the center, this is shooting about 1 shot a second.

I tried slow fire again, and again forced myself to just follow through with the shot and dont look at my target and while I was still off to the left a little bit, I was much more closer I woould say my groups were about 1/2" to the left.

Pretty happy with today, and considering Ive only had about 700 rounds of live fire time through a glock Im sure Ill get better with more time.

3. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

is your finger in the right place? you're using the pad and not the joint, right? how about your grip? only squeeze with the trigger finger, not your whole hand.

maybe take a look at that shot placement guide thing to see what it is you're doing :dunno:

4. jeri534

jeri534 OT Supporter

trigger finger placement or grip doesnt really matter if Im shooting slow, it's just a mental thing I have to overcome with this glock. I shoot great when Im shooting fast so I know Im overthinking it when Im shooting slow.

my groups are good, about 1-2" at 7-10 yards, Im just being anal and trying to get rid of the groups pulling to the left about 1"

5. GlobeGuy

GlobeGuy New Member

I think the first thing you have to determine is whether you are pulling right when you shoot faster. You may be doing everything correct when you are shooting slow and it maybe your sights that need adjustment.

Shoot at a target 15 yard away fast and see if you still land shots in the center or if your grouping starts to move to the right.

6. jeri534

jeri534 OT Supporter

It's not my sights.

I put out a 1" dot today at 10 yards and put my first 3 shots dead center when I was shooting properly, when I started to look at my bullet holes and not follow through my shots started to drift left again.

7. jeri534

jeri534 OT Supporter

and here is a target reference of my group

roughly 7 yards shooting about 1 shot per second, about 20 rounds total

[​IMG]