MIL Are you trying to get into the Airforce.-- Ask your questions here.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Ozner, Mar 8, 2006.

1. Ozner

Ozner Offical TSL OP Leghumper

Because I love OT so much I decided to make this thread. If you are trying to enter the Airforce and have anysort of medical problem. State the question here and I'll tell you if you are disqualified or not. Also if you are I'll see if there is a loop hole or if you need to bring it up at all what so ever.

Its my job in the Airforce to disqualify people so I know what i'm talkin about and I also use the AFI 48-123 in accordance with AFI 48-133.

* Mods sticky if you want.

2. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

Any truth to the ADD will disqual you from service?
    or ADD will disqual you from security clearances?

3. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

:gtfo:

4. shiba

shiba Active Member

no offence, but stay away from the planes if u have add

5. emanuel

emanuel OT Supporter

dude, GTFO.

what are the fitness requirements for BMT?

6. Ozner

LOL daumn i'm the master at this. It took me 6 months to get a waiver just to get a physical at meps. My suggestion-- Don't say shit. Keep quiet. Unless you have a tough ass time paying attention to things and you feel like you more than likely won't be able to work normally-- don't say a word. Other than that tell the recruiter its a long process that takes alot of you calling them. Not the other way around.

Cliffs: Don't say anything.

7. Ozner

Belive this-- people w/ ADD are usually a genious at something. It just takes them forever to figure it out. Plus most of the time we tend to cope with it once we get out of highschool or past the age of 18. I have ADHD and god did shit suck. But i'm kick ass with medical standards.

8. Ozner

I belive its:

Your weight is important.
    Less than a 11:45 on your 1.5 mile run. (Don't count on this-- try and get below that)
    50 pushups in 2 minutes
    50 situps in 2 minutes.

If you feel you won't be able to do these. Start now. Diet is key. The water you drink today is the water you;ll be sweating tomm. Also--- DO NOT start lifting weights that adds uncessary weight-- your looking for stamina not how much you can squat or bench. HIIT is a good program to start on.

9. SweetDaddyO

SweetDaddyO we need a montage!!

couldn't be farther from the truth

our entire job while flying is multitasking. we often joke about how we all develop ADD during our careers because we never spend more than a few seconds on any given task.

10. Ozner

Multitasking is what WE are good at. See you see this all wrong. If you train someone with ADD and they master that one job not only will they do it productivly but they will kick ass in it. The will figure out way to make the task eaiser and more efficient. I'll use myself as an example. It took me about 2 months to learn my Current job. Not only did i master it in 2 months but i completely took over the program. I'm basically in charge of all Non fliers at my base. One striper and I already oversee my own program and i get to tell people what to do. Its an awsome feeling when a Full bird tell you that you HAVE TO give him the appoinment time that HE want. I simply respond "Sir- with all do respect i sceduale(sp?) you with the soonest avaliable slot thats open. I won't change it and canceling will only make the process longer-- So is there anything else i can do for you before i go??" it usally ends with a -- son do you know who i am. Then 5 minutes later my superviser from ANOTHER area walks up an ask me if there are any sooner appointments and i simply respond-- NO SIR.

11. shiba

shiba Active Member

i completely see yur point, and i agree that ADD people can be great at any task with the proper training. the thing is i would have a better peace of mind if i know the mech could focus on what he is doing without the help of drugs.

you should let them know about any conditions u have because somewhere down the line, they will find out and u will be discharged.

12. c.a

c.a New Member

elaborate

13. Ozner

14. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

I have hearing loss in my left ear. Got into the Army with a waiver. I believe I got a 3 for the PUHLES (or whatever for medical). I know I can do anything in aviation. What would be a good career field I could get into? Keep in mind I have 8 years of service (Army) and will probably do 20+. Considering Air National Guard or Air Reserve.

15. emanuel

emanuel OT Supporter

i'm a former football player and i've been lifting weights for ~5 years and 5'8 180 at 17% BF. i barely make the weight requirement for my height, do they take build and bodyfat into account?

16. Ozner

Yes they do take Body fat into account. They will send you to get a BMI test. You'll be fine.

17. Ozner

Its really really really hard to get into the airforce w/ anytype of problem. Just because you got a waiver for the Army doesn't mean the Airforce will take you. But with your years you never know. You need to talk to a recruiter and see what jobs are open. Just explore the field and see what openings there are. I know my career field is undermanned so it would more than likely be easy for you to get into Public health but you really don't want that.

18. RRTX

RRTX New Member

Right now it is near impossible to get into active duty AF if you are prior service. from what I've heard about the only option is to go into the AF reserves and then transfer over when they start accepting priors again.

19. FSTMX5

FSTMX5 New Member

oh no they dont...when i went to MEPS i was a lb over..they cut me some slack since it was only a lb but was told i needed to be under when i ship (on tuesday) They did give me the test and i was about 17% but still told me i had to drop the lbs

:dunno:

im about 4 under so i should be good to go though :wiggle:

20. Ozner

Shit what assholes. We had one guy that shipped and he was fuckin ripped. They took his BMI and sent it throught the chain of command. He is fine now.

21. FSTMX5

FSTMX5 New Member

ya i dont understand, but now that im sick as shit im about 8 lbs under now

hopefully i will feel better by tuesday :hsd:

22. Vegasoutkast

Vegasoutkast New Member

You know Ive know this but always thought it was total horseshit.
    Why the hell can marines, army, navy with prior service go active duty AF
    but those that have trained and been prior AF active cannot go back in except to enter the reserves or ANG. WTF - please someone explain this to me?

23. RRTX

RRTX New Member

Actually I was referring to prior service Army/Marines/Navy. I had never heard anything about prior AF trying to go back in, I'm Army so I never really paid attention to that.

24. Vegasoutkast

Vegasoutkast New Member

oh then - I can tell you its not impossible for other branches to go active AF.
    I served with many prior service army, navy and marines.

25. SirSmith

SirSmith Banned

If I get a 4 year degree for business management and want a career in the Aiforce what options am I looking at. Also my eyes aren't perfect. Can they be corrected so that I could fly?

Im finishing my third year of College right now.