Are you supposed to throw the word "date" that fast

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by forgotmyname, May 8, 2008.

1. forgotmyname

forgotmyname Active Member

Suppose you meet anybody and you have to ask them on a "date" right away? Shouldn't it be more proper to talk to them a few times and then ask them on a date?

2. fray

fray New Member

no. what you're describing is asking them to be friends. Date can come up at any point.

3. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

let her know from the beginning that it's more than friends

so neither of you will be shocked down the road

if you think she might not know you're interested, then you're not being forward (read: HONEST!) enough

give hugs, piggy back, toss her over your shoulder, be playful and such to create a comfortable touching relationship

i just flat out say "i like you" or "we like eachother, let's hang out" and just make solid but comfortable eye contact

Last week I was having a great time at a party with a girl. I took my phone out and said "here put your number in here"

her: why would I do that
    me: so I can contact you, einstein
    her: why would you want to do that
    me: because we're going to hang out
    her: why would we do that
    me: because we like eachother
    her: what are we going to do
    me: whatever I want to do... but I'm certain you might enjoy it more

Sure it was a complete test, but it was in that "it's on" frame and she needed to know I don't fuck around.

She loved it. And in no way will she see that as 'let's just be friends'.

It seems like it takes balls to say shit like that, but I get more nervous when deceiving a girl and saying something obscure like "ohhh let's hang out as friends".

4. upparoom

upparoom Well-Known Member

not calling it a date = 1 way ticket to friendsville

5. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Why? If you're interested, ask them out. You can talk about whatever on the date.

Listen, it really is no big deal at all to ask someone on a date. You do it, and they either say yes or no. If yes, cool. If no, fine, just keep on going with your day.

6. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

7. cman254

cman254 New Member

haha i just had an argument with a freshman here at school about this subject. i asked out his friend on a date. he said "it has a romantic connotation" and that its way too forward. he said you should get to know them before you ask. i told him "i'm asking them on a date so they know i like them and i'm interested." i'm glad that other people feel the same, this kid was pissing me off :slap:

8. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

IMO you should not wait pretty much at all to show interest.

If you meet her 5:00PM Friday night and you're talking and vibing and bantering, then she should know by like 7:00PM that you think she's awesome and want to get to know her more -- and there would be no question as to what you mean by that.

I mean, realistically, I think guys should tell a girl within like 30 minutes if they're interested. Also helps with the potential disappointment if she has a boyfriend or isn't into you. Because then you haven't built up any significance to the interaction yet and gotten your (false) hopes up.

I know a lot of guys (including me) who just say it out loud as we realize it. If anything it just makes her night that somebody was interested her, honest enough to admit it, but not a creepshow about it.

Just be cool about it. And I'd never make a move on someone until I actually verbally said I like her for x, y, z reasons. Something about just being consistent between your words and your actions.

Too many college frat bros just get hammered and try to hook up. 1st class ticket to unfulfillment.

9. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

tell your friend "That's what the date's for"

10. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

step by step

1. phone number

2. make date plan

3. call to invite her on date

its not necessary to actually refer to the date as such, and it won't necessarily matter if you do

11. tenxia

tenxia OT Supporter

Does anyone actually say "I'd like to take you out on a date".

12. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

I'll say, "let's go out on Tuesday", or "let's make it a date for Thursday", stuff like that.

13. forgotmyname

forgotmyname Active Member