Are you suppose to workout one day, rest the day after, and repeat?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Zuerst, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zuerst

Zuerst OT Supporter

Are you suppose to workout one day and rest the day after to allow the muscles to be repaired...etc then repeat? or just workout every day?

2. deadbolt

deadbolt New Member

i take a day off after each time im in the gym. if you do heavy compound lifts every time youre in the gym its hard to go day after day, for me at least

3. trojen28

trojen28 New Member

my trainer has me work out twice a day, everyday. the results have been amazing soooo i wouldnt recommend resting a lot. if you mean weights, than work out, say, your legs one day and your arms and abs the next.

4. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

depends. You should have at least 48 hours rest between working the same muscle twice in a row... but you can split up your body into muscle groups and hit one group on day 1, a different group on day 2, then reapeat day 1, and so on. There's a lot of different ways to organize your workouts but it's not always necessary to have a day of rest between them.

most people here like to lift weights 4 days a week usually with two days in a row, then a day of rest, then two more days of lifting, then 2 days of rest, then repeat. If you split up your muscle groups correctly then you are mostly avoiding any "overtraining"

5. HalfPastGone

HalfPastGone OT Supporter

Wed. and Sat. are my off days. I like it :hsd:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.