SRS Are you satisfied with the Asylum?(weekend thread) Inquiry

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Darketernal, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Rants ,complaints , compliments, post em all in here.

This is a special thread, because (only in this thread) personal attacks and complaints towards the moderator are allowed, and wil not get you banned. This because a lot of people won't state their issues with me just because they think they will get banned.

Anyway, maby you have something to say that you want to change in the Asylum in a general sense, or are you satisfied?

Since im the only person who is moderating the Aslyum , please take that in aspect :hsd:

You are required to fill in answers to at least the following 2 questions.

-Is the moderator doing a good job?

-What are the worst problems?

2. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

The Asylum is awesome. I lurk here a lot and have never really looked at a thread in total disgust.

However, my only one complaint is that more resources need to be made available here: a knowledge base, larger than the the "Wisdom" space that's already posted.

Ya know, something to cover pessimism, self-esteem, confidence, independence, perfectionism, etc.

As well, maybe a knowledge base on depression drugs? Seems a lot of inquiries are about specific drugs, so maybe some information about that.

Of course, this can all be obtained by google searches, but i mean... having it in one place would be nice.

3. nish81

nish81 OT Supporter

It's a great place for help, two thumbs up. but I agree that being able to find more resources on demand would greatly benefit the asylum.

maybe we should agree on a number of categories where resources need to be found and then go find them?

for example here's one for suicidical people (dunno if its already listed)

http://www.the-bright-side.org/site/thebrightside/section.php?id=325&print=1

4. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

:dunno: its not really a complaint per se, but I have noticed that you tend to approach things with a fuzzy, feel-good methodology, which isn't always all that helpful and doesn't always stand up to the test of real life, which isn't very fuzzy or feel-good.

That said, it's probably a necessary yin to the yang of those who'll give the straight up harsh goods without resorting to much tact

5. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

Didn't there use to be a sticky that had a bunch of links in it? I've been wondering where that went- I think it was a good resource.

And I really like they way you run things around here Dark- I think you're doing a good job

awwasylumaww :wiggle:

*EDIT: yeah, apparently I can't read. I found the page with the links. Just kidding 'bout that where's-the-link-page thing*

6. nobodyreally

nobodyreally OT Supporter

Asylem is great. Only problem I've ever had is sometimes when the solution is simply to "go see a psychiatrist". Because they're expensive, and if we all could afford it then the asylem would probably not be the place we would go; we would be talking to the psychiatrist.

Anyway, I've gotten through a lot of tough crap with the help of people here and some very good advice.

7. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

I always thought that you did a great job in here. I look forward to reading your responses to my posts.

8. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

You are a great moderator who took things over smoothly from Dave, seeing how we registered the same month, we've seen it all, and I give kudos for a job well done! Looking forward for more greatness.

9. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

:werd: I usually just scroll past his posts because the majority of them are just a lot of rambling without a true point or concrete advice.