Are you guys doing the MacHeist invitations thing?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by itwasntme, Jan 21, 2008.

1. itwasntme

itwasntme New Member

They have a sticky over at macrumors on this.

Since it is macrumors endorsed I don't think it is a problem putting this here, if so please accept my apologies, as I am not trying to spam.

The referral link I have been given this year is: https://www.macheist.com/ referral removed,

Let me explain how this works for those who do not know. MacHeist gathers a huge pool of apps and puts them in a bundle for charity.

You get $498.00 worth of apps for $49 and they donate 25% to the charity of your choice. The referral link is used to track who you send over to the site, they will gift you the perk of some free software if a couple people use your link. I'd like to buy this bundle, and I'd like to have the two extra software programs if I may be honest with you. Would anyone here like to grab the MacHeist bundle and use my referral link? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Remember this is a once a year charity drive, and not some spam for a website looking to sell their warez. Communities like macrumors are stickying their threads and racking up huge numbers for charity.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2008
  2. ez4me2c3d

ez4me2c3d Cold Member

looks pretty cool. I would only be interested in cha-ching though, all the other apps are useless to me.

Ever use cha-ching? Worth it? I see it says 10.5 or higher under requirements.

3. itwasntme

itwasntme New Member

I have not used any of them until today. A few are very good. The Pixelmator, Snapz pro X, and Vector designer are excellent and well worth the buy in. Any of them are more by the single price than the whole bundle itself, so very worthwhile to have the setup. Pixelmator just replaced my CS3 trial. I was sweating about finding an app for images that worked on an Intel Leo and thought I'd surely have to buy CS3 (YIKES!). That alone saved me $900

I hope they do this more often than once a year in the future!

4. JCrev

JCrev Where is your god now? OT Supporter

Cha-Ching is worthless. It has a nice UI but other than that it is a horrible program. IBank has a pretty simple UI but I think it has more of the features a personal finance manager needs. Hopefully with IBank 3.0 which should be coming out later this month or in early February they will pretty up the application a little bit, it won an Apple Design Award so they must have made some major changes.

5. ez4me2c3d

ez4me2c3d Cold Member

Nice, thanks for that. I will look at iBank.

6. The1Ash10

The1Ash10 Active Member

app zap is great! Although, that is the only one that I have used...