WEB Are you fucking kidding me. Sold some site to a dude and ends up the CC was stolen

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Ricky, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Ricky

Ricky █▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

I think it was stolen

I recieved this email just now

I log in and see this shit

[​IMG]

2. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

man a lot of shit happened with that before

I recently had my paypal hijacked but luckily it got fixed soon, by my bank since it came from those funds

best wishes because they usually side with the complainer... I know that paypal is convenient but I'm not sure I'd ever use it to sell a site on since there are so many cases like this

3. Ricky

Ricky █▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

good thing i transfered that shit to my bank.

fucking got a negative balance now though

4. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

yeah... did you have enough in bank to cover it?

they initially authorized the charge of 1500, my account was like 500 or 600, then it came back the next day.. i went in and talked to them and they confirmed that and waived the overdraft fee

5. Ricky

Ricky █▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Can they legally go into my bank account and take my money out?

This isn't really that big of a transaction but i'll most likely be doing another one around this size soon. I'll be using another service for sure though. Possible escrow

6. m2e

m2e OT Supporter

paypal isint an authorized bank, they CANNOT touch any money in your account (although they sure as hell will try :mamoru: )

7. Ricky

Ricky █▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

30 more minutes until paypal opens.

Can't wait to hear what they're going to say

8. Insert Tokens

Insert Tokens Making Cancer My Bitch OT Supporter

Paypal handles this shit like a court handles a rape case.. doesn't matter how obvious it is that you're innocent, one person crying is all it takes for them to keep your shit and claim the money back.

Seen it on heaps of forums, people sell a 'service' or intangible product, person pays, receives the item, then says they never authorised the payment.

Good luck. :)

9. Ricky

Ricky █▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

I can put my civil law class edumacation to work now :eek5:

10. Browning

Browning Active Member

maybe dude is just trying to scam you. Seems some people do this shit all the time after buying sites with paypal

11. White Stormy

White Stormy Take that, subspace!

paypal doesn't care about what they can do LEGALLY.

you're fucked.

12. Pepsi1975

Pepsi1975 Mod of the Year

I think they got in trouble for it, a year or two ago they were doing it :rofl:

13. Browning

Browning Active Member

google his real name, username, and paypal address to look for any other deals he may have participated in. Might be able to find where they tried some shit like this before.

14. JesterFX

JesterFX New Member

Where did you sell it? Are you still able to get in contact with the actual dude that got the site from you? Or do you think he is the actual owner of the payapl account and just trying to play it off and screw you that way?

Either way get in touch with him and let him know that if he tries to scam that money out of you, you will let your "hacker friends" loose on his ass and it won't be pretty. Say it's not specifically about the money but you just taking scammers scamming you very personally and like to get your monies worth lol. Then go on to explain that you actually felt bad for the last punk kid that scammed you since your friends went way above and beyond and actually did quite a bit of damage that wasn't fixable.

Least you can do is scare him into thinking you have connections with the "underworld". Most you can do is actually get some connections/hire some leet fuckers to hunt down his personal info/home address and go fuck him up lol.

I had some dumb ass try to pull that shit on me for a fucking crappy $60 site I sold just to clear off my server. I was more pissed about getting a "black mark" on my paypal account than the cash since I know how pissy paypal is and they can use that shit to screw with you if they feel like it. Anyway I did the little scare tactic thing and he eventually payed me back and wrote paypal about it all explaining the situation. The best part was the dude actually got hacked like a week later and he started begging me to "call off" my friends since he payed it back. I have no idea who/why he actually got hacked but it didn't have shit to do with me but I LMFAO regardless.

Can't "scare" most people with legal threats because they know anyone rarely ever actually follows through with that shit. Or they are out of the country and aren't worried. But threaten to take down their sites, their customers sites and screw their credit and shit and they can sometimes be scared straight.

15. LowClass

LowClass New Member

I do not understand why people use paypal for large transactions?

M.O. (clear) or the best way escrow.com. That way the funds are preverified and you do not have to worry.

16. Pepsi1975

money orders are not always legit, people like the security of paypal, i hate the fees they charge, so i don't use them anymore

17. Ebtek

Ebtek Afraid of 138

Harvard Law, class of '12

18. LowClass

LowClass New Member

read much? thats what clear means. you get the MO or certified check call the issuesing bank make sure its legit. submit it and wait for it to clear. I almost always use escrow anyway.

19. Pepsi1975

and some places will not tell if it is legit they will tell you to let your bank handle it, and it depends on my bank if they are busy or not if they will call or not

I have been selling shit online for over 5 years, I know how to handle money orders, but to the average joe with all the stories around about fake ones, most people will not deal with a money order

with your fucking attitude, you will not last long around here, you can ask around, I don't play fucking games

20. LowClass

LowClass New Member

LOLOLOLOL I will not last long because what? People do things differently than you! OH NO!

I don't care what games you do or do not play, sounds like you need some zanax or something.

I have never called in a MO before and had the issueing bank tell me they were too busy to let my bank handle it. The will verify the numbers and funds on the spot. It's really simple.. i can understand now why you would be so angry talking about it....

21. Pepsi1975

no that is not the reason, reason is you have been trolling, not just this thread others in here

but continue to think it is me that needs medicine or what ever, keep pushing it and you will see

22. LowClass

LowClass New Member

trolling the threads? besides here and now have i posted anything offtopic?

watchout for the internet badass! If you do not like my thoughtful advice then ignore it. Chances are you are going to quote every response i make from here on out, thinking i care what you have to say! AWESOME my first fan!

23. Pepsi1975

wow a badass with a sticker website :bigthumb:

you are truly the man, keep up the great work on not adding anything useful

24. LowClass

LowClass New Member

yes i am and i sure will :big grin: Thanks for the kind words, i think we will be great friends!

25. Phasm

Phasm OT Supporter

:bowrofl: @ thread hijack