Are you friends with people who cheat?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by dan7532, Aug 15, 2008.

1. dan7532

dan7532 New Member

For those opposed to cheating:
    Are you friends with people who cheat on their SO? When someone you know talks about cheating, what do you do?

2. Jarg0n

Jarg0n New Member

Yes, but not by choice.

I'm in the middle east right now and everyone in construction cheats on their gf/wife and doesn't think twice about it. It's so commonplace over here that I can't do much about it, but it's a special case I guess.

Back home, no, not really. I can't stand that isht.

3. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Yup

Not my relationship, not my concern

4. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I've been lucky enough to be friends with people who have never cheated. I say I am lucky because if I knew one of my good friends was cheating I'd be disappointed in them and have a hard time being friends with them (depending on if they kept the cheating going or did the right thing and told their bf/gf).

I have some friends that I bet others would deem "shady" but they still have a high moral code and sense to know what is right and wrong.

5. dan7532

dan7532 New Member

What if the friend is completely honest, open, and trustworthy in their relationship with you, but NOT to their SO. Is it your place to judge them based on their actions towards others? Or should you only judge them based on their actions towards YOU? Honest questions here.

6. kiri

kiri New Member

i have a friend who cheated on her ex-bf a couple of times. they had JUST started going out, then like 1 week later she left for Africa for like 5 months. she and i emailed back and forth, and for a while she was all happy they were dating, but then after a while she was like "we talk on the phone all the time, and all he wants to talk about is our relationship, how much he likes me, etc. it's boring and a waste of money". next email is like "well i hooked up with this guy over here..."

she dumped him pretty soon after and i'm pretty sure they actually remained friends.

she's now dating another guy i know and i would be beyond shocked if she cheated on him, she really loves him. she always used to be sort of promiscuous, but she seems to have settled down now.

that being said, i love her to death, but if i needed someone to trust with something unequivocally, i would not go to her first :o

7. SirBoss7

SirBoss7 Life is a tragedy to those who feel and a comedy t

Luckily I have had the good fortune of making friends with some really honest people with a great deal of integrity. Half are probably single, but the others are faithful. I really respect them and in many ways it is some of their nobler characteristics I seek to emulate.

8. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

ive never stopped being friends with someone specifically because they cheated. but when i find out they have cheated/are cheating on their SO, it gives me a bad taste in my mouth about them and puts a distance between us.

maybe it would be different if they felt some remorse about the cheating, felt they had done something wrong. in my situation, they have always bragged about it, and while cheating is bad, being a cocky ass hole about how you are getting away with it is worse

9. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Why would you be shocked? She's proven to you that she CAN cheat. Her relationship will be fine so long as she's happy. The minute she becomes dicontented with him, though, look out cause she's going to do it again given the opportunity.

10. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

:werd:

I'm not Capt. Save-A-Ho.

11. dan7532

dan7532 New Member

Most people I know who cheat like to brag about it to me as well.

12. iwishyouwerebeer

If they can be that untrustworthy to someone they supposedly love how can I trust they will always be trustworthy for me?

13. Brian May

Brian May New Member

a few of my cousins are cheaters. I dont see or talk to them all that much anymore. Eventually they'll get caught and I'll laugh in their faces when it happens. i hate that shit

14. kiri

kiri New Member

i don't think she would, that's why i'd be shocked. they've been together for a long time and i think at this point if she was unhappy she'd just break up with him.

15. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

That is like saying one woman lied to me so now I don't trust all woman.

Until someone does something specifically to me that makes me not trust them then I have no reason not to. A lot of my friends have cheated, they don't make a habit out of it or anything, but I trust them all 100%.

Plus a friendship relationship is a lot different, there isn't really a way for them to cheat on the friendship, and everything else is just normal everyday shit so there is no reason to hide/lie about it

16. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Doubtful. And I only say that because she's cheated before.

Of course that's just speculation. I don't know her, so I can't say for sure. :dunno:

17. kiri

kiri New Member

it's pretty apparent that she's changed. but yeah trust me, i DO know her lol

18. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

not every person who has cheated once will cheat again.

your argument that she has proven that she can cheat is nothing. everyone can cheat.

maybe she has learned from her mistakes. maybe she has grown up and is more mature. maybe she has learned to date guys who fit better with her.

i understand your caution with cheaters, but i dont think its fair to say that every cheater will cheat again

19. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Nobody in the Vag is capable of cheating.

I know because there was like a 20 page thread about it and I got attacked for calling them all liars. :mamoru:

20. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

well, we all make millions of dollars each year too :mamoru:

21. Vysion

Vysion New Member

Why is 'Cheating' the common topic on the Vag the last couple days? :dunno:

22. iwishyouwerebeer

Because it sparked a common interest. Same way we'll get a slew of "nice guy" threads or "I knocked my gf up!"

23. dan7532

dan7532 New Member

Great point.

24. dan7532

dan7532 New Member

no, that's a generalization. IWYWB is saying one woman lied to someone else. I don't trust that she won't lie to me.

25. dan7532

dan7532 New Member

They can break the trust of their "loved one", what's to stop them from breaking the trust of you? It's not about them cheating on YOU. It's about your friend having a moral code where lying to someone for self-fufillment is OKAY. and THAT could happen to YOU.