Are these suggestions good?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Gen5_EG, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Gen5_EG

Gen5_EG :)

A local detailer suggested these products for my '06 Accord EX Sedan (Alabaster Silver). Do you agree with this before I purchase the products or have any other comments??

1. Wash vehicle and dry completely

2. Clay your vehicle (optional if needed). Use a fine detailing clay bar (i.e. Clay Magic Fine Detailing Clay Bar). Use a clay lubricant generously.

3. Rewash your vehicle and dry completely

4. Your choice of either the 1Z Einzsett Paint Polish “Lack Politur” or Klasse All-in-One Polish

5. Your choice of either the Poorboy’s Natty’s Blue Carnauba Paste Wax, Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Wax, or Collinite 845 Insulator Wax (most durable)

2. Alvin

Alvin New Member

Depends on what you're trying to acheive... are you trying to get swirl marks out our just improve the depth?? Car Color?? How long since its been washed/waxed?

3. Gen5_EG

Car is silver, never washed or waxed it yet (bought on 8/12/06). I'm trying to just maintain the paints finish and possibly add more depth to it if at all possible while trying to get rid of some fine scratches.

4. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

If it has minimal swirls, I'd go with XMT's Glaze topped with Pinnacle Souveran paste. Together you get depth and pop with alot of protection. Souverans not cheap but one of the best. If you wanted good but less expensive try DP's Max Wax at autogeek.com. I use it alot and is awesome.

5. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

:eek5: you have owned your a month and it hasn't been washed..... poor car :wtc: Even in the winter I make sure my DD gets washed once a week and waxed once a month!

6. Gen5_EG

:wtc: eeeek! I should wash it more!

7. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Wash, clay, polish out swirls (Optimum Polish) and seal with Werkstatt's Prime (light acrylic polish similar to AIO) and seal with Acrylic Jett. Absolutely insanely wet combo for silver.

8. Gen5_EG

Thanks Scottwax! Where can I get the products you said? I'm in Hawaii, and we don't have too much place where we can get these things. The only distributor we have here is Pakshak (www.pakshak.com) and pretty much that's it.

9. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Pakshak will have Optimum products but only www.jeffswerkstatt.com has Prime and Acrylic Jett. I am sure he ships to Hawaii though.

10. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

If you dont want to pay state sales tax by by going through PakShak, you could also order the Optimum through Excell Detail.

1: Becuase hes in Southern California, and the main distrobution hub to Hawaii is LAX.
    2: He ships FedEx so its guarenteed to get there soon anyway.

And becuase your ordering the Prime and Acrylic Jett from Jeff's, the extra wait, if any, wont be an issue.