SRS Are There Instructions On How To Live?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by LiQuiD_FuSioN, Jul 15, 2005.

1. LiQuiD_FuSioN

LiQuiD_FuSioN New Member

Would someone please explain or give me tips on how to how to talk, eat, think and act with people because I really don't know much of anything.

I'm totally clueless about people.. I don't know how to get close to anyone or even smile at them. Basically, I keep to myself most of the time and when it comes to communicating I often fail at that; keeping up small conversations leave me confused and I'm always out of anything to talk about. Honestly, how can I talk about things when I, myself haven't done much in life?

If I keep to myself, it's fine, but it gets to me every now and then because it leads to loneliness.. then depression sets in. *sigh*

Everyone can have a conversation, BUT me. Even online, I can't even talk that much. Is it because I'm not very bright or something? My dream is to become a talker.. to be called 'the loud one', to have friends, parties.. make-out with a girl for the 1st time, graduate from college finally, but that will probably never happen. I'll be sitting here, yelling at my mother, at the computer, with no one to share good times with, depressed.. probably for the rest of my pathetic rotting skin-bag life.

2. Riconosuave

Riconosuave New Member

How old are you? Ah, the products of the internet age! I'm glad there was no internet when I was a kid.

3. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

4. beanolo

beanolo It does a body good!!!1

Well.. we're having a conversation now aren't we? So obviously it IS in you to talk...

Talking and hanging out... is just that. Talking and hanging out... you don't need to think about what to talk about.. hell.. you could talk about nothing... like how whenever you hang out you have nothing to say... thats still communicating and talking isn't it?

5. procrastinator

procrastinator New Member

Have you read many books in that genre?

Have you read any books that can actually work if you apply the methods they teach? Because I am pretty much turning into a very closed off guy, and i dont want to be. I was never an extremely outgoing person, but I'm getting to the point where its becoming a real problem, both in work and socially. So i guess I'd like to try anything that might help.

6. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

Guys...consider the very fact we're all sitting here reading OT instead of out there face to face relating with another person(s) as one of the reasons why you're having communication problems? At some point, you gotta look at the time you've got invested in the things you do each day and evaluate if it's detrimental vrs beneficial for you.

Take Metallic Blue's example in the sticky...... if you really want to improve your situation you might need to pull the plug on the things taking up the most of your time.

7. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

It's the only one I've read but yeah it did help me feel more confident around people and especially in group situations.