Are there guy laws you follow?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by le_rocks, Jan 29, 2009.

1. le_rocks

le_rocks New Member

My best friend has a friend (lets call him Bill) that is not really social or good with talking with women. Well Bill and his friend finds a couple of college girls and are on a date. Later Bill calls us to come meet the two couple at a bar. Well we were already at another bar so we were kinda drunk and partying.

We go to meet them at the bar and these girls were hot. I do my regular social thing and notice one of the college girls were flirting with me, while Bill is just sitting/standing there talking to his friend. I felt a little guilty so I backed off, walk over to Bill and say "Hey go buy her another drink" He says "I think she's good" ummm ok.... nite starts to die down and as we were leaving one of the girls asks me where we were going and if there is afterhours. Fortunately my friend was starting to be really drunk, and I said we're just gonna head home cause we're tired. She says "too bad" and that was it.

I did the right thing right?

2. deleterious

deleterious OT Supporter

I don't know man. If she OBVIOUSLY wasn't into him I would have gone for it. If she showed the slightest interest you did the right thing to stay away.

3. Bob Brown

Bob Brown bewshit, bewshit, bewshit

thts why u ask him beforehand whether he was going for her or not?

I know guys that don't care about that, but then again its usually acquaintances and not good friends.

4. Memopad

Memopad OT Supporter

You probably did the right thing if he was your friend. You need to guide the cock, not block it. Though it sounds like he wasn't going anywhere.

5. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

what is him buying her a drink going to accomplish?

6. Pwen

Pwen Guest

That's a little weird. Your buddy sounds a little off. If I were you and wanted the girl I would have made a move. You gave your buddy a heads up. The girls wanted to party and "Bill" wanted to talk to his male friend. I would be looking at Bill and questioning wtf his motives were there.

Did Bill and his friend totally diss the girls? That's what it sounds like and that's sad. I would have a talk with Bill about this.

7. Pringles

Pringles New Member

I would've taken her home. It's a dog eat dog world out there and you pretending to have laws is a falsehood. Survival of the fittest.

8. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Your biggest problem was that you didn't articulate exactly what you wanted, which is so fucking typical for guys when they're talking to one another. I point it out to my boyfriend ALL THE TIME.

Instead of looking at the girl and saying to your friend that he should buy her a drink you should have flat out asked him "hey, are you into that girl *point*?" That way if he said "yes" you could then know for yourself she was off limits. If he said "nah" or something to that effect you could have then said "is it cool if I buy her a drink?" or whatever and gone from there.

Instead, now you are in this weird limbo wondering if you should have made a move and wondering if he'd be upset when you could have just asked him and gotten a clear answer right then and there.

PS-What happened with the ex girlfriend?

9. Midnightrose

Midnightrose New Member

lol you did good but ya you gotta be straight forward about that kinda stuff......

10. Braddlac

Braddlac OT Supporter

ROFLMAO YOU SHOULD BUY HER A DRINK DUDE!! wtf would that accomplish, seriously? h5 yail

11. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

:werd:

12. eXyle

eXyle ׂ

i follow certain bro codes.

however, if i'm too pussy to talk to a girl and my buddy swoops in, so be it. i don't see it as being cock-blocked. me being all emo about it and telling him she was mine would just be cock-blocking him.

at most, i get the first crack at her. if i fail to take advantage of that opportunity, that's on me, not him.

13. Phantom

Phantom Active Member

Show the girl you're willing to pay for her attention :dunno:

14. Vysion

Vysion New Member

No you didn't do the right thing. The girl was more interested in you and was looking for a good time. Bill had just as much chance at raising the girls attraction levels as you did. He failed, and you were just being nice trying to give him a chance that he already blew.

15. Vysion

Vysion New Member

Wrong mindset. :nono:

16. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

pretty sure he's using sarcasm

17. bulldoggdave1

bulldoggdave1 New Member

Was "Bill" gay?

18. NCS

NCS Active Member

you must have very different types of guy friends than i do

19. Alaya

Alaya Active Member

20. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

:werd:

technically his post represents the correct mindset :)

21. bjonesy77

bjonesy77 New Member

its simple. If you value the friendship with the friend, ask first. If you dont care about the guy as a friend, fuck it and go for gold. I know which friends I'd ask first, and they are few. Maybe I'm a bad friend though.

22. Bob Brown

Bob Brown bewshit, bewshit, bewshit

nah. it's how it works out there anyways. I've got buddies that I def look out for and then theres mild acquaintances where I sometimes wish I didn't know :mamoru:

23. le_rocks

le_rocks New Member

Yea I should have but in a way, I felt bad, cause Bill doesn't get much play in the first place. I usually am more forward, but i decided against it. I was just being too nice I guess. :hs:

We were having a good time and hanging out and being intimate again. Then out of nowhere she was distant again. I gave it a few days, and after it was digging into me, I asked her "how do you feel about me?"

She said something along the lines of "I will always have feelings for you, but I'm worried that I will never feel the same or act the same as we used to be"

I replied "I know now that losing you was the worst thing I have ever done, if you ever gave me the chance I would make it up to you"

We haven't talked since, it's been 3 weeks. lol So i'm taking your advice and just leaving it alone. :hs: I cant keep chancing after her. right?

24. le_rocks

le_rocks New Member

I didn't value his friendship cause he was my best friend's friend. But knowing that he doesnt get much action anyways, I backed off. My best friend said I did the right thing.

25. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

:bowrofl:

agreed!!