MIL Are there any helo pilots on here?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by James Williams, Aug 5, 2005.

1. James Williams

James Williams New Member

I want to fly for one of the services however I'm having a hard time figuring out which one.

You see , I am catching alot of flak from my family and friends for considering joining the Army or Marine Corps WO programs.

I know I need to make my own decision but all the people who are advising me against going into the Army or Marines are extremely knowledgable senior NCO's and officers in the Air Force including one Brig. General, several E7s and one E9.

I understand the rivalry between the services but the people advising me seem to have a genuine dislike for my alternatives.

The only reason that I am even considering joining any other service is that I truly believe in the mission they carry out, I want to be able to help the troops out when they need it most, and I think that the Army and Marines do that better than the Air Force does.

I guess if anyone has any comments to contribute-either pro or con Army, Marine or Air Force.

2. Rodthrower18

Rodthrower18 New Member

Go Marine, O and just so u know u will most likely be flamed for not reading the other "Iwant to be a pilot threads".

3. James Williams

James Williams New Member

I did read them.

I'm asking for something other than the typical "I w4nT T0 F1y T3h 4IrPlanZes!!1!"

4. Accord

Accord New Member

The Marine Corps does not have a WO flight program, only the army does.