are the rules the same for guys & girls?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by JohnJohnJohnson, Apr 23, 2008.

1. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

I think it's unfair to call a girl a slut if she likes having a lot of sex with a lot of different guys. I know a few girls who don't throw themselves out there, but make it very easy for guys to fuck them. Like someone once said, "It's just something they happened to want to do."

If a guy wants to be a pickup artist and sleep around, he's looked at as the "man" by all his friends, especially if the girls he's screwing are hot. As much as I want to look down upon them, these are the girls with experience, and I'm not talking about the ones who have STD's, cuz I want to focus on the issue of sex itself. (Let's say this is a hypothetical where the girls in question are always using protection, or whatever you'd like to make up, since I'm not talking about the issues of STD's / pregnancy.)

2. JohnJohnJohnson

Here's my analysis:

I don't think there's a question of morality.

If a girl cheats, the problem isn't the number of partners she's had. The problem is the dishonesty.

If a girl gets an STD or an abortion, the problem is the number to some degree, but to a much greater degree the problem is the irresponsibility of not packing rubber.

In other, quite common scenarios, where the girl who likes one night stands does not have an STD, and does not have a child, and is not cheating on anyone, there is no moral issue.

Because I have realized this, I am now convinced that the "slut/whore" epithets come, at heart, from jealousy on the part of men. (Yes, the epithets also come from women who socially attack other women, or themselves, but that is a sub-consequence of the root cause).

There is a cultural sleight of hand here. The sleight of hand occurs when a simple insecurity on the part of an average dude - that, for example, a girl with a lot of experience won't immediately fall in love with him when he f*cks her; that, for example, he won't compare, sexually, to the other guys that a girl with a lot of experience has been with; etc. - when that insecurity becomes a value by which you judge people.

The same thing could be true of any other insecurity.

For example, I hate it when people don't meet up with me. If I could popularize an epithet to describe people who make dates they don't keep - an epithet thrice as powerful as "flaky" - I probably would. That doesn't make it a moral issue. It's just the creation of an arbitrary value system designed to empower my own insecurities.

3. uwofrost

uwofrost New Denver Crew

I guess its not the same but that is a sociaty thing more than a personal view. Being the "man" is no different than being a girl that likes sex. If i can find a girl that is a nimpho and has a good personality its a perfect fit. There is no difference between the "man" and a "whore" they are one in the same you can see them both as dirty or cool. but both should be looked upon as the same.

4. squid

squid braap

Funny, we call guys who sleep around sluts too. I've never actually heard anyone call someone "the man" for humping a lot of random women.

5. JohnJohnJohnson

I live in a tiny liberal bubble

6. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

ifl

btw I've heard women call guys who sleep around "sluts," too.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2008
  7. JohnJohnJohnson

Does no one else find that kind of sexual repression... oppressive?

Am I the only one in here who would rather we DIDN'T condemn broad sexual attraction?

I just feel like everyone would be a lot happier if we chilled with the completely arbitrary prejudice against the completely natural impulse to engage sexually with a wide range of people.

8. JohnJohnJohnson

yeah, man, I've heard guys called sluts, I'm not deaf.

they're called sluts to their faces, which is then followed by a HEARTY CHUCKLE and a SLAP ON THE BACK.

they chuckle cuz it's funny.

it's funny because it's a reversal of a gendered word. it's the same exact humor as when a guy tells a girl he needs a gf who will support him, or when he says he's not "easy," or accuses a girl of being "sleazy."

9. JohnJohnJohnson

honestly though, so much negativity and pointless stress over this one issue. everyone would be better off without this retarded social value

10. squid

squid braap

You claim society is putting undue social pressure on a "natural" desire, but it sounds more like you're trying to inject your values on everyone else instead. Not everyone wants to sleep with as many people as they can. I like my p3n0r non-herpified, tyvm.

11. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I left a word out of my original post. I edited it.

Anyway, I mean I've heard girls go "oh, so and so? He's a slut." Meaning it derogatorily. Of course, it could be argued that they're trying to fit social standards there and so are pretending like it's bad but they're actually attracted to him because sleeping with lots of women = preselected.

12. JohnJohnJohnson

I'm not talking abotu that. Do you think I want herp any more than you do? Obviously not. NOTE THE HYPOTHETICAL. Even if magically STD's have been cured. There's still this stigma.

And that's utter bullshit that I'm injecting values. I'm suggesting we REMOVE A RESTRICTION, not ADD a new one of my own.

Removing the stigma against shotgun-attraction does NOT mean creating a stigma against sniper-attraction.

13. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

your are trying to change an mindset that has been in place for centuries. The idea that women should be chaste, sve her self for her one partner and that it was put into place so men and families would KNOW that the child that are spending so much energy to raise is THEIRS.

witht he advents of contraceotion the woman's freedom to sleep around changed so that she didn't have to worry about having sex result in a pregnancy by someone other than her intended. BUT the mindset didn't shift. so woemn are still expected to be chaste and wait while men can indiscriminantly spread their seed.

Should it change to inclue women into the world of free love and sexual equality, sure, but you have a lot of minds to change on the subj.

Also, I'll call anyone that sleeps around indiscriminantly and without protection a dirty fucking slut, be it male, female or other.

14. KindlyCuddly

KindlyCuddly Irina Lazareanu

i also live in a tiny liberal bubble where calling anyone a slut would get you laughed out of the room (or a lecture on gender politics from an over-the-hill anarchist)...:o

15. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

I think STD's and all the negative stuff that comes with sex is one of the main reasons for this stigma. People who are slutty are often thought of to be dirty. If we could create this magical STD free world then there would be no fear of the dirtiness to it and it wouldn't be looked down upon as much.

I don't have a sub so I can't do a search, but this thread has been done before and had some good posts in it :dunno:

16. JohnJohnJohnson

Ya know, I only really hear the STD thing (and RARELY the pregnancy thing) as a sort of tagged-on reason.

First the focus is on the fact itself of broad-attraction in a girl. A girl's broad-attraction is spoken of as the #1 intrinsic threat and then when you try to bring up why this would be the case, THEN you get these reasons tacked on which are OBVIOUSLY secondary or tertiary to the person speaking. Yeah they've found a valid reason to at least moderate your recreational sexual behavior (STD's), but you can easily tell they were looking for the reason before they found it. Thus the hypothetical, because I know that given an STD-free environment, this value remains.

17. Victoriono

Victoriono New Member

I wouldn't care for a second thought to be honest, unlike many women i think.

18. JohnJohnJohnson

are you actually from sweden? :bowdown:

19. Emfuser

Emfuser Nuclear Moderator Super Moderator

:werd: x $64,000 prize win

20. JohnJohnJohnson

we agree on something vag related :eek3:

21. d3cromanc3r

d3cromanc3r 79 Слизняков

call me old fashioned, but i would think less of anyone, guy or girl, who doesn't respect their own body or others.

i have a friend who's a guy, and he basically treats girls like they're there just for sex, and whenever he goes to tell me about his new escapades i tell him i don't want to hear about it.

I don't have a problem with people who can sleep around and be responsible about it. and by responsible i mean use protection, and the everyone involved knows that's what's going on. I don't see a problem with going out and trying to have sex just to have it, as long as nobody's going to get hurt by it.

but the guys OR girls, who take advantage of people who might be expecting more and then just leave them hanging, are the ones that lose my respect.

i don't think numbers have anything to do with it, as long as you go about it the right way.

22. tqpolo

tqpolo ***** Platinum Member OT Supporter

There are many things that are more difficult on women than on men, and vice versa. Women are being treated different than men. They can also get away with some stuffs men can't. Ever seen the Dateline special on women hitting men in public? People walk by and cheer on the women. They wouldn't do that if the role were reverse. This role of male and female in society has been going on since the beginning of time. The male role has always been to "spread the seed" so to speak so that's why it's more acceptable. Women can have sex 10 times easier than men because they are giving away their "goods", men don't really give away anything because theirs sex don't mean much. If a woman gave away what most important to them easily then they are not as worthy. That is just how it is. If everyone is treated equally we wouldn't have two sexes but rather just a unisex.

23. JohnJohnJohnson

I agree.

This is a question of HOW he's going about it; not THAT he's going about it.

:werd:

24. JohnJohnJohnson

thanks, I'm actually just talking about this one particular issue of inequality.

25. Exiled

Exiled New Member

Im trying to think of the difference on this inequality but I can't pin it

That's just how guys look at it.. it's stone age animal mentality I think.. analyze it all you want it isn't going to change.. a girl who sleeps around or makes it easy for guys to stab her are used goods..

Doesnt make them any less attractive or anything to me.. i could care less personally it doesnt matter to me..