are tablet pcs capable of handling graphic intense games?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by kllngtme, Jul 1, 2006.

1. kllngtme

kllngtme New Member

that is my question. i have been looking to buy a convertible tablet pc for a while just because for the fact you can right with it and such. fucking brilliant idea. but my problem is, im a gamer and i like to play video games such as city of villains and counter strike source and doom 3, etc etc.. can someone shed some light on this? what is the best tablet pc!? i already have a desktop im just looking for a sweet tablet/laptop that i can take with me and use to play games on occasionally on the go or whatever... so far i guess dual cores just hit the tablet scene but i dunno about how great the video cards are... i heard tablets can only run from 16-64mb of video memory... is that true?

2. JaJae

JaJae New Member

You can "write" with it. But if you don't now how to write, what difference does it make? And it's a lot quicker, easier and cheaper to write on paper. I know a few people with tablets. They start out using them, but after a while they become more hassle than they're worth.
    And generally tablet notebooks come with pretty shitty graphics so gaming isn't an option.

3. kllngtme

kllngtme New Member

well for the most part, i like writing and seeing my own handwriting.. besides that, just imagine the photoshop work you can do with it. and besides all this the perfect bedstand computer.. theres gotta be something out there.

4. JaJae

JaJae New Member

The pens aren't as accurate as an aftermarket pen/board system.

5. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

most tablets use "integrated" graphics solutions, such as Intel GMA, which will NOT run modern games. In fact, most tablets are watered down in all aspects.