Are Semprons any good?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Claydus, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Claydus

Claydus Active Member

:hsugh: Yeah so I can't afford a complete system. So I think I'll upgrade somewhat from my AMD XP 2200. I have a 1 gb of value ram. And also I have a 9500 Pro for my video card. I might as well get a 6600gt while I am at too.

So Sempron thoughts? I play bf2 a lot and just need something more than what I have now to get the job done. I thought Amd Mobiles were the new trend.... I cant find a single one on newegg?

2. sowapowa

sowapowa New Member

re

Sempron's are watered down Amd64's. They overclock very well from what I have read and they are relatively cheap.

I'm not sure if it will play bf2 like you want it to even if it were overclocked.

3. MrMan

MrMan New Member

compare sempron to a celeron. I'd say it's more for a workstation where most work is simply office applications and internet.

4. borborygmus

borborygmus Guest

I have the sempron 3100+ running at 2.25ghz and it is very stable and not all that hot. I just added a watercooler to my case, as well as a new motherboard, so hopefully I can get 2.75 out of it like everyone else :x:

5. borborygmus

borborygmus Guest

ok, now I have her running @ 2.52ghz, I'll keep it here for a while to see if anything funky happens, then jump to 2.75