GUN are our firearms as good as gone?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Powderburn, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Powderburn

Powderburn New Member

let this be an open forum for the title question.....i know weve all got something to say about it.....as painful as the throbbing vein in your head has become since yesterday...go for it

2. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

I don't think they're as good as gone. They're certainly not as secure as before, but we'll have to see how things play out. The Dems may have control, but hopefully Bush will veto any kind of ban they put forward. I doubt they could muster the 2/3 needed to go around the veto.

3. 70Machwon

70Machwon New Member

I dont think think they are gone, as said above, we still got bush to veto (hopefully). Now in 08 we'll see what happens.

4. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

I docnt thik they are as good as gone as a whole. But you will definately seeing some states making their own awb's. Some of the more liberal controlled states are good as gone. I know of one in particular :sadwavey:

5. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Not at all, if you make your voices heard and mail all your reps (state congress, us congress, governor, mayor, etc) and let them know how important the issue is to you and that your vote will depend on thow they behave. I wouldn't count on bush to my savior because he's already said he wouldn't.

Lets not forget that on a whole the US is pretty progun right now. People are still thinking of katrina, still thinking of terrorists, gun sales are super hot (S&W had an amazing last quarter) and concealed carry is at an all time high. I don't think americans are hating guns and as a whole I don't think gun control is a good platform to run on. The democrats are going to have a full plate trying to keep iraq from blowing up in their faces for the next couple years.

6. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

Think of the children.. Scary looking guns kill the children :noes: :noes: :wtc: :wtc:

7. kds99

kds99 New Member

there will be an awb voted on in the next yr. some of dimocrats elected this time say they are pro gun. I guess we will see

8. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

I don't think they as good as gone at the moment, frist a few pro-gun dems got voted in, secondly the republicans still hold the white house so I doubt bush will sign anything, thirdly lets take a que from wall street, the stock market went up on the news that the dems took congress becuase they know nothing will get doen now.

9. Ghostrider4450

Ghostrider4450 New Member

IF it gets passed, it will not be as leinent as the first. I also think they will push for no sunset, or an extended period of time. More than 8 years this time. :sadwavey:

10. Alphaeus

Alphaeus New Member

You guys are forgetting that Bush said he would sign a new AWB if it reached his desk.

11. Gimik

Gimik New Member

Yes guns are very popular, but I don't think issue is with guns... it's with "why do you need THAT gun?"

I speak with people I know that say they totally support the right to carry... a revolver or other low capacity weapon. If you ask them about "Assault Weapons" they say stuff like "why in the world would anyone need that?" and "Those should not be legal". Or if you mention that a glock can hold 20 9mm rounds (21? 31?) they also flip out and say stuff like "Why do you need that many rounds? Are you planning on WW3?!"

That's where the issue is going to be. We're all going to end up with 10 round magazines and no "assault weapons" - and no grandfather clauses as well. It'll be grand theft at the govt. level and there won't be anything we can do about it.

12. Fire Sauce

Fire Sauce New Member

That was when it was coming from a friendly, Republican Congress.

I doubt he'd take that same attitude with the freedom-hating terrorist-lovers in control.

13. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

If the revised AWB version comes back around for voting as it has every year for the last 5 years, the wording gives the ability to ban anything other than single shot shotguns. It was written vaguely and hasn't changed wording. It was the exact same version that Bush said he would sign back then.

14. Gaunt

Gaunt blood for the blood god OT Supporter

if it does im taking out a $10,000 loan and buying a lot of weapons

15. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

Im hoping he changes his mind too. I mean its not like he has a thrid term coming up and has to worry about making people happy

16. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Its a good theory but I dont think the people thinking of katrina, terrorists, and concealed carry are buying single shot shotguns. I'll give you that alot of gun owners don't see a problem with an assault weapons ban, but I dont think those are the gun owners that have been doing so much shopping the last few years.

17. rat

rat New Member

The 2nd amendment was put in to fight off an oppressive goverment right? Once a few hundred jack booted thugs came back in body bags instead of coming back with confiscated guns they're gonna think twice.

18. Powderburn

Powderburn New Member

i have a feeling if the government passes a ban and they make housecalls to take peoples stuff, there are gonna be numerous reports of firefights. If the united states is gonna be such a safe haven without guns, then let the secret service have their trenchcoat Uzi's and Mp5's de-milled along with the rest of our crap.

19. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

Yes, sell me yours at discount prices

20. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

right now, which would be a better buy? dpms ar15 with carry handle and 4x scope or a glock 22... i can hide a glock 22 from someone coming into my home a lot easier then an ar... but ar's will be banned soon...

21. Gimik

Gimik New Member

I seriously doubt in this day and age that most people would fight back at all if something like this happened. Even then, we're so outmatched firepower-wise, that we would never be able to take out hundreds before being killed ourselves.

22. mvizos

mvizos New Member

Isn't the question "Which can I get right now via a FTF sale?" :mamoru:

23. Alphaeus

Alphaeus New Member

Not that he's ever been too concerned with that :mamoru2:

24. Alphaeus

Alphaeus New Member

No, then they'll send in the national guard. Then what will you do?

25. mvizos

mvizos New Member

if I may quote Ollie Williams:

[​IMG]

YOU GONNA DIE.