Are my expectations about women unrealistic?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by civicmon, Sep 2, 2007.

1. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

Hi all, first time poster here (that I recall at least.. been a few years on OT :) )

I'm VERY picky when it comes to women. If I get any inkling that a women is... let's say.. ditzy, I'm gone like a hurricane in Seattle's cold ass water.

I don't want to sound like I'm bragging but I got to put this into context.

I work in finance for a major mutual fund as a bond broker/trader.. filling orders. I have a degree from a Univ of Calif college in Poli Sci. I went from continuation school to a top UC so I've done a lot.

I'm somewhat of an armchair expert on Asia-US trade and politics. So much so I've been quoted on a few of the things I have written. I know more about the politics and modern history of Singapore and Malaysia that it makes people's heads spin.

That all being said.. Unless someone shows some major gleam of intelligence in one of those two topics, I'm gone. I don't care about looks, nothing. Not to say they are dumb.. but that's just me.

This is entirely too unrealistic but if they're a chemical engineer... they're definitely not stupid by any stretch.

I guess i've been tortured since I had one girl once ask why we speak English in America, who, as a college graduate, had no concept of colonization and settlement.

Another one thought Baja California was a US state. Wow.

What can I do? I'm sorta stuck.....

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

We get it, you are smart and like a smart girl. That's not unrealistic, but then again you come off sounding as if that's all you care about...and that's just not good.

3. ware_ru

ware_ru I know, I know, I'm amazing

I second the above comment. Also you have to ask yourself: CAN you get those hot, dumb girls? I'm gonna guess the answer is no. And now you have to ask yourself whether it's possible that you are putting such an enormous focus on the one aspect of intelligence as a defense mechanism so that you can tell yourself that you rejected them and weren't that interested; not vice versa.

4. demosnat

demosnat New Member

You want a smart chick? Date a smart chick. I'm not seeing the problem here....

5. lauren

lauren Active Member

one the the biggest turn ons for me is a display of intelligence in an area that i lack. as in, mentally complimenting me, not copying me.

i tend to be less enthused with guys who excel in the same subjects as myself. just something to think about, given the narrow window which you've left open. why do you so want a girl who simply mimics? wouldn't a better match be someone who's strengths are your weakness?

6. HouseLing

HouseLing When masturbations lost its fun you'r fucking lazy

totally agree.

7. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

Interesting.. thing is I hardly pay attention to what I don't want to learn so a microbiologist, who may be extremely smart, would just bore the living shit out of me since I can barely explain cell mitosis.

8. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

:werd:

9. erobbins

erobbins Active Member

sounds like you wanna date yourself :rofl:

10. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

:werd:

i mean there's not a problem with dating a smart person. I mean i think everyone would like a smart person to be with; but it seems you're not open to much.

People are smart in a lot of ways, just not finance or whatever you're into

11. erobbins

erobbins Active Member

I've never met a woman that had any interest in finance at all :o

aside from how much a guy makes, that is :mamoru2:

12. lauren

lauren Active Member

they're all morning people :mamoru:

13. NCS

NCS Active Member

14. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

your expectations are about the same as mine. i'm very picky.

be prepared for single life. I'm sure you'll find a good one eventually but it's only natural that if you expect a lot from a woman, you won't find many that measure up. I know I haven't.

15. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

hes not expecting a lot. Hes not looking for a quality woman. He has created superficial disqualifiers to make himself feel better about some sort of deep rooted problems.

civicmoon: how many attractive women who have met your esoteric criteria have you had sex with in the last 2 years? How many women who have no met your criteria have you had sex with in the last 2 years?

wanting a woman who excels at finance or malaysian politics is not looking for a smart woman, its looking for a reason to say no. Most normal guys have interest or hobbies that women are not into. Would you normal guys reject a woman because shes not into cars or football? Just because this particular guy has interest which might be considered intelectual does not change anything.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2007
  16. Sephiroth13

Sephiroth13 Beginning of the End

I agree partially, although I have to say that Having a smart partner is a choice that people make, sometimes have a not so smart partner can be a total turn-off. But Having VERY specific needs, also shows that a person is very Selfish and very closed off, that they are willing to try, even if the other person is very smart.

For example, I am going to use myself, My girlfriend right now is smart, She is a Pharmacist... she knows more about drugs than I ever care to know, I myself am a Software engineer, we are both very smart, we don't know much about anything about each other fields of studies, but we still have very smart conversation even if its nothing about computers or Drugs or Laws and shit. You just need to find common ground and don't be a stickler with her career path, I mean if thats just it, then Date someone within your organization. no matter how much of a Faux Pas it is.

17. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

it's one thing to want a smart girlfriend, it's a totally different thing to want a girlfriend who is superspecialized in a particular field.

as long as she is intelligent, can carry an intellectual conversation, can provide well developed advice, and is curious to learn, i don't see the need for her to be specialized in a particular field.

18. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Stupid girls are more fun.

19. k0in b4hd

k0in b4hd New Member

its simple bro. you go out, you meet people, you hang out with them and become friends, and then you meet their friends. and so on and so forth. eventually youll meet a girl that isnt a stupid whore. i know, it sounds really unrealistic, but trust me, it does happen

20. HouseLing

HouseLing When masturbations lost its fun you'r fucking lazy

negative

21. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

You are setting these limits on yourself. Yes, we should all have standards, but we must also deal with the standards we set.

So, either you 'drop your standards' or stay single.

Pretty easy solution to a problem you make seem so complex.

22. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

yeah for a week.

then you get bored and frustrated because they have nothing to contribute except their bodies.

23. b16

b16 New Member

sounds like you want a girl thats in your specific career field or very close to it. if so there's your answer..start looking around the work place?

24. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

You can't explain cell mitosis and they can't explain finance. I'm with lauren on this one, it's about meeting a diverse person who can bring new and interesting things to the table. There is much more in life to discuss than math and science. Try modifying your expectations a bit and see where that takes you. The worst that happens is you date a smart girl who is intelligent in a different field than you, and if things don't work out you break up. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

25. Nitin

Nitin OT Supporter

There are a ton of smart ugly chicks out there man. You have nothing to worry about!