Are most people not that bright?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Goonigoogoo, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Goonigoogoo

Goonigoogoo Active Member

I'm telling you, some people i deal with are just too dumb to own a computer. One of my clients that i deal with on the side brings his fairly new machine that i setup for him under XP PRO complaining that as soon as he opens internet explorer his system crashes.

Now the thing is i had installed Ad-aware SE, Spybot, Symantec AV corporate Edition and AVG with a dumb downed guide that i made myself to help maintain your PC. Nothing and i mean nothing was kept up-to-date, ad-aware, spybopt, Symantec AV latest updates all dated back to when i put the machine together. I mean i can't dumb it down any more for these people, they pay me hourly to help them, i give em a self help maintenance guide and they still fuck shit up.

Word to the wise, if your too stupid to own a computer and follow simple directions with pictures don't fucking blame Windows.

Just ranting ... sorry :wtc:

2. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

I hear ya... I built a friend a machine and he calls me almost daily with Spyware problems and such, even though each time I'm there I show him how to run all the programs and how to update them.

BTW, Symantec Corporate should update by itself. It always has for me.

If you switch to Microsoft Anti-spyware, it will also auto-update, run in the background and you can schedule daily scans (2am every day is deafualt and turned on)

I don't see the need for 2 Antivirus programs. I would imagine that there would be a conflict.

Just trying to help...

3. Tunsen

Tunsen Guest

It depends on whether you enable the Automatic LiveUpdate or not I guess.

4. Goonigoogoo

Goonigoogoo Active Member

True on the update, nevertheless the manual upgrade is described on my picture-guide, it should still be done!

And MS anti-spywawre is fairly new, the last time he brought his PC in was 4 months ago, when i wasnt on the MS anti-spyware bandwagon yet.

5. JohnDoe

JohnDoe Guest

there's still spy ware out there? I havent had adaware programs for months. I havent got a spyware or virus in months.

6. Zoomba

Zoomba New Member

Depends on the browser you use. I use Firefox almost exclusively, and I haven't really had any spyware in months.

7. MrMan

MrMan New Member

Well, first, not everybody has used a computer before. Only now, that it has become more affordable and internet connection has become cheaper that you have older people starting to use it. Even now, kids are using the Internet and more electronics. In fact, these kids don't even appreciate "toys" like Monopoly, GIJoe, etc.. anymore, they're instead playing computer games, video games and IPODs.

However, if you preferred them to know the basics of computer, you wouldn't be getting paid, so I would think you would appreciate the fact that simple spywares are making your business.

8. StevesVR4

StevesVR4 Get Arrested

You just need to remember, half of the people you encounter everyday have below average intelligence.

9. laracroft

laracroft teh croft

werd